Mselect is looking for Field Geologists for a major international construction company in Kurdistan. The chosen candidates will be based near Duhok. Below is a list of duties and responsibilities.
List of General Duties :
- He/she to be flexible if requires to working in Day or Night shift.
- Investigating the structure and evolution of the earth and its natural resources
- Planning programs for exploration of sites for water, minerals, etc
- Surveying and mapping geologically promising sites
- collecting and recording samples and data from test sites
- Analyzing geological data using specialist computer applications
- Ascertaining extraction risks
- Preparing reports
- Advising managerial, technical and engineering staff on the development of reserves
List of General Responsibilities:
- Communicate geological findings by writing research papers, participating in meetings, Measure characteristics of the Earth, such as gravity and magnetic fields, using equipment such as seismographs, gravimeters, torsion balances, and magnetometers.
- Identify deposits of construction materials, and assess the materials' characteristics and suitability for use as concrete aggregates, road fill, or in other applications.
- Develop applied software for the analysis and interpretation of geological data.
- Analyze and interpret geological, geochemical, and geophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, boreholes, and aerial photos.
- Plan and conduct geological, geochemical, and geophysical field studies and surveys; sample collection; and drilling and testing programs used to collect data for research and/or application.
- Prepare geological maps, cross-sectional diagrams, charts, and reports concerning mineral extraction, land use, and resource management, using results of field work and laboratory research.