MSELECT is looking to hire a Finance & Accounting Manager for a local Oil Trading Group in Erbil. Candidate must have minimum 6 years of work experience in the field of finance and Strong command in English and Kurdish, Arabic is a plus.
The Finance & Accounting Manager position will be covering and managing the business’s accounting and finance related matters. As a secondary task the Finance & Accounting Manager will also oversee and carry out the company’s document controlling activities.
Plans, organizes, leads, and monitors all the financial activities of the company and its projects, including payroll, investments, budgeting, and revenue and expenditure forecasting.
- Maintains professional and ethical standards and follows conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- Manages company financial reporting (balance sheets, income statement, etc.) and oversees the daily book-keeping activities. Reports directly to company senior management.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate historical financial information, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Oversees all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants, reports all necessary increases and decreases in wages to company’s management.
- Creates financial and accounting systems and policies for the company.
- Implements proper accounting software at the company (for example QuickBooks).
- Performs cost control on company’s projects and operations.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts when necessary.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization, including salaries, expenses, promotions, taxes etc.
- Provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities and any associated risks.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities, plays a key role in company’s financial management in terms of cash allocation and expenditure planning and forecasting.
- Balances and audits all company finances, monitors all cash balances, loans, and banking activities, in conjunction with company’s management.
- Assists in decisions regarding employment, performance appraisals, training and development, salary recommendations, promotions and transfers in conjunction with Director of Human Resources and company’s management.
- Addresses issues regarding liquidity and financial contingencies.
- Tracks all invoices and maintains a comprehensive and organized record and filing system.
- Responsible for resolving all billing issues, acts as a liaison between business partners and company’s management regarding financial matters.
- Coordinates with all senior managements to ensure all imported and exported goods and services are paid.
- Takes on any other finance related assignment assigned by company’s management.
- Prepares all necessary financial statements and reports for the company.
- Preferably Master’s degree in the field of finance and accounting
- Profound knowledge of GAAP or IFRS or equivalent international accounting and finance standard in addition to local and regional accounting standards.
- Minimum 6 years of active work experience in the field of finance.
- In-depth knowledge of local and international financial practices
- Strong command in Kurdish and English is a necessity, Arabic is a plus.
- Negotiable based upon level of experience.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process