MSELECT is looking to hire a Civil Quality Inspector for one of the leading providers of solutions to the oil and gas and construction industries to be based in a field near Sulaimaniya.
The role involves both inspection and the supervision of civil activities related to brown field modifications of existing EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Services) plant to drive zero defects, zero harm to people, on time, and on budget to our business clients.
- Provide assistance to the Project Engineer/Civil and Field Engineer.
- Responsible for coordinating the civil inspection activities of third party inspection and construction contractor’s inspection team on site.
- Conduct regular schedule meetings with third party inspectors, Civil Engineer and Project Engineer where applicable to align on project quality goals.
- Monitor contractor QA/QC activities and maintain records to support document control.
- Ensuring that responses are complete and in compliance with the contract documents. Where problems are found, work with Project Engineer/Civil Engineer to resolve.
- Audit inspections for conformity to contract documents and contractor submitted plans.
- Assist to identify, respond to or evaluate technical issues to maintain the schedule.
- Prepare and review engineering studies by applying accepted principles, codes and standards.
- Support assurance activities of the quality engineer in maintaining compliance of QPH to the Project Management Manual.
- To carry out inspection and maintenance records in accordance with PQP and includes raising punch list items after inspection at Mechanical completion / pre-commissioning.
- Performs inspections according to predefined inspection scope in work packs. Assess inspection results in relation to applicable performance standards.
- Report results of carried out inspection activities according instructions of inspection management standard. Identifying any anomalies and report those according procedure as detailed in the inspection management standard.
- Keep record of all inspection activities carried out, including incoming acceptance. Assist the Quality function in the development of QA/QC procedures / processes (on site). Maintain good record of red line marked-up drawings for as-built revision.
- Support construction in the completion of punch list activities.
- Hold pre-production inspection meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent / Level 1 / 2 Certified.
- Recognized technical or professional qualification such as HND or trade apprenticeship.
- Construction experience gained working on project activity or site maintenance activities. Track record of delivery against HSE and performance goals.
- Minimum 10 years of project construction experience whereas 5 years in a supervisor position.
- Preferably can demonstrate knowledge of Client specifications and standards.
- Demonstrate an extensive understanding of HSE management systems. Continually shows safety leadership on the work site.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding environmental regulations and requirements.
- Ability to influence and drive contractor to improve safety, quality, and production.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.