Business Need / Purpose of Role:
The purpose of the role is to lead our business growth within the oil and gas services industry across an assigned region whilst supporting commercial opportunities. Overall responsibility for continuous revenue growth across new and additional business opportunities whilst supporting where required operational implementation. The selected candidate will actively identify and continuously develop specific products related to the upstream and downstream energy sector which add revenue streams and enhance the value proposition.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities:
- Maximize contact with key accounts, key contacts and other critical people at various client organizations and focus efforts to obtain new work and generation of new enquiries for the business
- Manage the Sales & Business Development process / pipeline for business to ensure the Division achieves sales targets in all businesses
- The review and reporting of sales activities and review of contracts from a commercial perspective
- To manage and monitor performance of client accounts to ensure business targets are met
- Ensure prequalification of the organization with existing and potential customers, to enable us to be in a position to bid for projects within our sphere of capabilities
- To ensure that the enquiries are screened and to determine a sales strategy, risk identification, profit potential and analysis, and to ensure communication of customer needs and expectations between Weir and the client
- Ensure liaison with other departments as appropriate in relation to proposals, projects, legal, financing, tax, or other issues
- Foster and develop positive customer relationships which result in increased business. Understand customer needs and assist in the development of project solutions that satisfy those requirements and provide opportunities for Weir Oil & Gas Services
- Liaison with Estimation, Finance and Regional General Manager on submission of bid documents
- Conduct Market surveys and determine strategies with company’s Senior Management. Discuss various Contract/Project opportunities with company’s Department Heads
- Meet Clients on regular basis & update Management on status of bids/proposals submitted
- Actively participate in finding new alliances, Companies, Sub-contractors to enhance company’s position to be able to be a single source service provider
- Provide inputs to management based on market information to enable the organization to develop capability in areas to give us strategic leverage for future projects
- To interpret and adapt the Business stream strategies to Area needs and local circumstances
- Gather and analyze market intelligence for new projects and opportunities and keep up to date on industry trends, competitors and client developments
- Assist in initial planning, time scheduling, histograms to supplement techno-commercial offer for large projects
- Periodically make presentations to Clients and participate in Industrial Exhibitions to create awareness on company activities with a view to enhance and develop new Clientele
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
Education / Experience:
8- 12 years experience in Business Development function. Experience in rotating & oilfield equipment, international experience, dealt with global clients, minimum 5 years experience in the MENA region. Mechanical Engineering qualification preferably with a Masters Degree in Business Administration.Exceptional customer awareness and sales skills in the business development and marketing aspects in the oil and gas industry with ability to market rotating/oilfield equipment to the various EPC companies.
Fully conversant in modern computer aided planning technologies and Operations Management processes with exceletn skills in MS Office.
Techno commercial skills to be able to deal with contractual and financial conditions in bids.
Excellent Networking skills with excellent communication skills.
Ability to plan ahead and to organize within own responsibilities. Ability to work as part of a team and on own using initiative. Good planning and time management skills with the tenacity and personal drive appropriate for winning new business.
Product & Industry Knowledge:
Excellent technical knowledge and knowledge of benefits of competitors’ product lines and products.
Good communication skills
Good contacts in Ministry of Oil, Electricity , Govt officials in Baghdad
Experience in business development role
Spot opportunities and commercial knowledge
Deep understanding of O&G service business model.
Regional Specific Job Information (if applicable):
This role offers career growth opportunities and exposure to a challenging environment where dynamic individuals can flourish.