Our NGO client is currently looking to hire a CEO to manage the organization and develop the structure and the plan of the Institute. The ideal candidate will be based in their offices in Erbil and must be fluent in Kurdish, English and Arabic.
- Providing leadership, general supervision, management and control of the operations of the NGO on a day-to-day basis in accordance with the strategic plans and policies approved by the Board;
- Providing leadership and vision in developing the tactics and business plans necessary to realize corporate objectives;
- Managing the NGO’s to ensure strategic and business plans are effectively implemented, the results are monitored and reported to the Board, and financial and operational objectives are attained;
- keeping the Board fully informed of all significant operational, financial and other matters relevant to the NGO;
- Managing and overseeing the required interfaces between the NGO and the public and acting as the principal spokesperson for the NGO.
- Manage the financials and fundraising activities for the institute
- Certify the NGO’s annual and interim financial statements, and Annual Information Form and ensure the content of this certification meets all legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Ensure the Finance team certifies the NGO’s annual and interim financial statements, and Annual Information Form.
- Foster a high performance corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, encourages individual integrity, accountability and social responsibility;
- Ensure all the Ngo’s operations and activities are conducted in accordance with laws, regulations, the NGO’s Code of Business Conduct, sound business practice and the policies and practices approved by the Board;
- Approve significant public service commitments and/or acceptance of outside Board appointments by executive management;
- Develop the corresponding operating plans; review and report regularly to the Board on the overall progress and results against operating and financial objectives and initiate courses of action for improvement;
- Develop operating forecasts of revenue, expenditures, operational results, and financial performance;
- Authorize the commitment of funds against operating plans;
- Authorize commitment of corporate resources and enter into agreements, contracts, leases, etc. in the ordinary course of business provided however, that major commitments, exposures, and risks shall be reported to the Board in a regular and timely basis;
- Identify the principal risks of the the NGO’s business, review these risks with the Board regularly and implement appropriate systems to manage these risks;
- Establish effective control and co-ordination mechanisms for all operations and activities; ensure the integrity of the internal control and management systems;
- Ensure that all members of senior management have their responsibilities and authorities clearly established;
- Develop and maintain a sound, effective organization structure, and ensure capable management succession, progressive employee training and development programs;
- Annually establish and maintain a Board approved plan for senior management development and succession;
- Maintain or cause to be maintained such industry, government, public or other external relationships as are deemed advisable and in the interests of the NGO; and
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Keep the Board fully informed of all significant operational, financial and other matters relevant to the NGO ;
- Act as a principal link between the senior management team and the Board;
- Provide the Board, at Board and committee meetings, with exposure to NGO’s the senior management;
- Review the NGO’s broad compensation strategy and philosophy with the Board;
- Ensure the NGO’s assets are adequately safeguarded and optimized in the best interests of the shareholders;
- Ensure effective communications and appropriate relationships are maintained with the shareholders of the NGO and other stakeholders; and
- Obtain Board approval prior to acceptance of significant public service commitments and outside Board appointments.
- Education Degree: Master’s degree preferably in Business, Finance, Management or Public Administration
- Several years of prior management experience is required
- Effective communication
- leadership and management skills
- Can effectively work with top executives and board level.
- Result Oriented.
- Ability to represent the institute in public