MSELECT is looking to hire a General Manager in Baghdad, Minimum 5 years of experience & background in a similar role, fluency in English and Arabic is a must
The GM is responsible for the overall day-to day business and management of the company in accordance with the Business Plan, instructions and guidelines determined specifically or generally by the Company Board of Directors.
Further to ensure lean production and continuously to implement cost optimization programs that ensure that Company always has an efficient, competitive and well-run business.
The GM is full responsible for P/L, cash flow and CAPEX.
Ensuring that Company is managed and operated in accordance with all statutory requirements.
The implementation of staff policies, the leadership behaviors, the winning behaviors and the Code of Conduct.
The establishment of a close and mutually trusting relationship with stakeholders internal and external as well.
Participates in the board meetings of Company by invitation and prepares board presentations.
- Develop and continuously improve company towards world class manufacturing and lean production for decreasing cost per item at incremental volume.
- Plan the development, approval and execution of strategies and KPI´s as stipulated in Budget/Plans approved by the Board of Directors.
- P&L responsibility and follow up on budgets and accounts.
- Plan and maintain systems and procedures for operating continuous efficiency.
- Ensure that company is well administrated and that processes are described and documented in accordance to the Quality Management System and HSE System, SLS, GMP and HACCP.
- Ensure that the employees have the right competences/qualifications and they are developed to maximize potential through KPI setting/ performance management.
- In collaboration with the chairman to prepare and conduct two yearly Board Meetings.
- Monthly Management Reporting, as per set standards, and deviation comments.
Qualification and Skills
- 5+ years of experience from a similar role covering the full value chain, having Commercial, Co-packing/Bottler, and production insight. Experience with full P&L responsibility as well as management/leadership, Financial cost controlling, Supply chain and procurement.
- A Master’s degree in Business Management combined with strong technical insights
- Business economy and understanding of accounting
- General Management
- Factory Management
- Project Management
- Excellent communication skills, both
- Leads by example; as a natural part of his/her personality;
- Possesses a high-energy level; is determined and efficient; gets the work done without compromising quality; works dedicated and persistent; is good at making the employees engage;
- Sets the bar high for performance for him/herself and others;
- Is team-oriented and collaborative in his/her approach to his team;
- Maintains a high ethical standard, both personally and professionally;
- Displays integrity and fairness; Is reliable and trustworthy;