MSELECT is now offering the opportunity to be hired as a Government Affairs Adviser for one of the biggest international oil & gas companies in the world. The successful candidate must hold a solid experience of at least 4 years in the area of the position titled. The chosen candidate will join the international company in its head office in Erbil capital, Kurdistan Region.
Position description and selection criteria:
- Provides government relations assistance to regional manager and other members of the company leadership team and project teams in engagements with KRI regional and local government offices
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with representatives of KRI regional and local government offices, key ministries, and parliament
- Advocates the company position with key Govt stakeholders in KRI
- Supports the development of government affairs and stakeholder engagement plans
- Provides counsel on Kurdistan local and regional governments arranges and schedules visits and meetings.
- Supports the issues management process through identification of issues and assists in development of advocacy, stakeholder and communications plans
- Assists the regional manager and other leadership team members in representing the company in various industry and business associations
- Monitors government activities, changes and trends in the relevant government offices
- Manages all aspects of interactions with the relevant government offices, including but not limited to; High Compensation Committee, Ministry of Natural Resources and relevant government offices regarding the land acquisition, land and crop compensation processes. This includes handling all relevant paperwork to the company’s obligations are met on time and in full
- Ensures all paperwork is ready for the payment day for the farmers
- Prepares agreements, and receipts, gets finance dept. approvals, arranges for payment to farmers / land owners
- Coordinates with MNR legal and finance departments to assign their representatives for the payment day
- Previous experience working in a corporate government affairs department or relevant experience in energy sector, minimum 4 years
- Excellent understanding of the government structure and priorities in KRI
- Understanding of oil and gas industry issues and operations in the region
- Proven experience in working effectively with various stakeholders in government and communities
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team setting
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with managers and co-workers
- Proven ability to deliver business driven results
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.