We are looking to hire an HSE Specialist for one of our clients in the Energy sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for all HSE related activities in line to local legal requirements and will offer HSE leadership, guidance and support relating to all activities undertaken in the company. Minimum of 5 years of experience is required with fluency in Kurdish, English and Arabic.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in a safe, environment friendly and efficient manner in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that safety, including both process safety and occupational health and safety, is reinforced as the highest priority in all operations;
- Create, review and develop HSE systems, processes, plans and procedures that will support activities.
- Working with the operations teams to resolve HSE issues and minimize HSE risks;
- Ensuring familiarity/training of staff and contractors with relevant regulatory obligations, company procedures / standards, and establish mechanisms to monitor compliance;
- Co-ordinates, monitors and reviews HSE monitoring activities including incident investigations, planned inspection/audits, HSE reports, HSE liabilities assessments and emergency/crisis drill/exercises.
- Assisting management team in the development and administration of the annual HSE objectives and management plan.
- HSEIMS, HSE auditor/trainer, contractor safety management.
- Emergency Response, Risk assessments, Environmental impact assessments.
- Waste and emissions, Understanding of the HSE regulatory environment
- HSE performance reporting, understanding Group-level processes and relations.
- Technological characteristics of the business area, management, HSE liabilities assessments and HSE Budgeting
- HSE Certifications which include: OHSAS 18001 / ISO 14001
- Professional accreditation like NEBOSH International General Certificate is preferable but not essential.
- More than 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Excellent MS-Office.
- Online incident Reporting System.
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic and English is required.