Mselect is looking for an HSE Superintendent for one of its clients which is an international oil operator in Kurdistan with below details:
- To provide direct support and assistance to the HSE Manager & the HSE Team.
- This person will provide functional support on HSE-related activities (field operations) within the company.
- He / She will also coordinate meetings and communicate training initiated by HSE team members within the field operations. He/She will ensure that HSE processes & procedures are acted upon, managed correctly & proactively within the the Company's Field environment.
- He / She shall serve as the focal point for support to sustain the HSE activities within the Company's field environment.
- He / She will advise on & be experienced and proficient in managing incident investigation; will be an effective communicator with strong written and verbal skills, including conflict resolution and leadership skills; will have excellent computer and technical writing skills; and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;the ability to communicate effectively; and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues. Experience in HSE report writing and experience in contractor HSE management essential.
- Management of departmental activities including retention of classified company information & integrity management.
- Participate in a career development program with the potential goal of assuming the HSE Manger role in the future.
- Support HSE Manager in the development and administration of HSE strategies and provide leadership in the implementation of HSE management systems in accordance with the Company's Business Unit direction
- Administer the yearly HSE plan in alignment with the Company's Business Unit direction
- Oversee & periodically review contractor HSE programs
- Oversee HSE reporting to Business Unit and external parties
- Schedule and perform regular inspections, audits & site walk-throughs
- Ensure operations within the Company's legislative HSE requirements and expectations
- Oversee behaviour based observation program
- Act as a liaison for the on-site HSE team
- Provide interpretation of appropriate legislation as it applies to the Company's operations
- Administer and support project incident management protocol inclusive of root cause analysis and identification of preventative measures/actions
- Attend regularly scheduled project HSE meetings with contractors
- Support site orientation and on-boarding process for all workers
- Administers the project Hazard Card Management process
- Support and facilitate the planning, resourcing and the implementation of HSE initiatives
- Support and facilitate HSE communication processes
- Drive and support the HSE documentation processes
- Serve as a focal point to the Company's Operations and Support Teams for training materials, information and programs
- Support and be prepared to facilitate HSE networks and programs
- Follow-up / tracking of major incident corrective & preventive action
- Excellent management skills
- Office based management skills
- Highly computer literate
- Assessment of personnel for lifestyle & mood changes
- Skilled in dissemination and retention of classified & personal information
- Lead Auditor trained
- Incident / Accident invsetigation lead trained
- Attend & lead corporate seminars
- Compile & submit monthly management reports & yearly statistical analysis reports
- Fully conversant with writing & leading procedural reviews
- MOC conversant
- NEBOSH Oil & Gas Diploma; or
- A suitable combination of experience and training
University degree or equivalent in an appropriate field
- Previous or current work experience with an international company
- Work experience in a similar role in the last 4 years
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Fluency in English / Arabic / Kurdish language
- Full working knowledge of Civil Construction Projects
- Crane Operations
- Rigging & Lifting Operations
- Must have experience working in remote areas / locations – high temperatures
- Must have experience of H2S environments
- Emergency Response experience & preparedness
- Medevac experience & preparedness
- Writing & documenting procedures
- Highly adaptive, proactive self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skill’s
- Production / Pipeline process experience
- Safety Management Systems competence
- Journey management experience
- Acts as a leader and role model in the area of HSE
- Leads the HSE program by a positive example
- Promotes safety as a “24-7” lifestyle
- Supports and encourages a “behavior based approach” to the HSE management
- Is an effective leader, motivator and advisor
- Utilizes a “solution based” approach to HSE management