Mselect is looking to hire a Human Resources Manager for one of it's Oil & Gas clients in Erbil, the ideal candidate will create and implement HR activities of of the organization. Minimum of 5 years of experience is required with fluency in Kurdish, Arabic and English languages.
- Managing and controlling all the HR related activities of the office; regarding both expatriate and local employees.
- Preparing and ensuring the issuance of the local HR policy
- Provide local expertise to guide best practice and ensure legal compliance in support of people programs and processes within a specific country or geographical region.
- Partner with HR and Finance colleagues to ensure HR transactions are administered quickly.
- Manage local on boarding processes and procedures to ensure that new associates are assimilated into the organization quickly, efficiently and professionally.
- Proactively manage legal risk and continually ensure compliance with local labor laws.
- Ensure policies reflect legislation and that local considerations are factored into the design and roll out of regional/global programs.
- Keep up to date with legal advances and expertise in cases of dispute in local jurisdictions.
- Coach HR colleagues, managers and associates on a variety of HR-related issues to address issues and/or concerns.
- Serve as primary point of contact for HR representatives, managers and associates on Employee Relations issues, actively responding to and addressing associate concerns in a timely, cost efficient manner.
- Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts.
- Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership as appropriate. Collaborate with HR leadership and internal/external counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
- Partner with HQ HR and local management to support the implementation of HR initiatives and change programs as business needs dictate.
- Partner with HQ HRPs and Recruiting on day to day recruitment activity and support key initiatives to attract and retain top talent from both inside and outside the organization.
- Gain credibility by building collaborative relationships with managers and associates as well as the HR Generalist and Specialists within the HR organization globally.
- The individual is viewed as a critical partner and key advisor within the HR organization and is respected by local leaders and the HR organization.
- Employee relations issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently to minimize legal and financial risk.
- Achieves high level of client satisfaction as reflected in client feedback.
- Effective support of HR programs and execution of day to day HR processes and performance management activities with minimal risk to the organization.
- Proactively supports the roll out of programs and/or strategies that help the business unit achieve results.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of human resource.
- Skilled in compensation management, HR practices and payroll processing, understanding taxation and labor laws.
- Sound understanding of payroll software, MS Office, Outlook.
- Advanced level of spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish.
Only applicants who match the criteria above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.