MSELECT is looking to hire an IT Support Administrator for an international oil and gas client in Erbil, Iraq.
The delivery of Information Technology services in company is based on a centralized concept. The organization and the various users are supported by a set of standardized and centralized services and infrastructure delivered by an external IT service provider.
In a centralized concept the Information Technology Support Administrator serves the need for local onsite presence to perform physical tasks that can’t be performed from remote, and to provide the users with an additional local service level.
The Information Technology Support Administrator is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks. The role is responsible for ensuring that information technology is accessible, and that company’s users are equipped with up-to-date hardware and software.
- End User Support
- Refer users to Central IT service provider support for simple support cases
- Contact Central IT service provider regarding complex issues, where assistance is needed
- Report anything out of the ordinary to central IT service provider and Corporate IT in the company
- Always enable the users help themselves
- Train staff in network systems including phones, email, print, a/v, security, and other applicable system.
- Replace any malfunctioning hardware or send for service (always have one spare computer/mobile phone/satellite phone ready for use)
- Install new computers in cooperation with Central IT service provider
- Handle peripherals and supplies, such as printers and plotters
- Handle the handout of personal IT equipment (keyboard, mice)
- Suggest changes and upgrades to Corporate IT
- Keep inventory of equipment
- Assist in installation of generic and industry software
- Licensing will be arranged by Central IT service provider for generic software, and by Corporate IT for industry-specific products.
- Perform application support, including the planning and implementation of application upgrades.
- Keep the contact with the Internet connection providers and follow up related issues directly for all locations
- Patch network points to switches
- Maintain wireless connectivity for all campus network users
- Manage internet bandwidth requirements
- Monitor network security systems
- Review server and network performance and report to management
- Telecommunications/Video conferencing
- Set up mobile phones, corporate IP phones and satellite phones for the users.
- Video conferencing
- Provide support for end users
- Assist in setup/ changes to setup of new video conference systems, in cooperation with Corporate IT and video/ telecom service provider
- User account maintenance
- Order new user accounts, when requested from HR/ Business
- Cancel user accounts, when requested from HR/ Business
- Update user account information
- Respond to the needs of Operations
- High standard of spoken and written English and Kurdish is a must
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and minimum 3-year work experience
- Knowledge of all current Microsoft Operating Systems including but not limited to Windows 7, 8, 10
- Knowledge of FOC fiber optic cable communication systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of local area networks, e-mail and the Internet,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ability to troubleshoot basic issues with them
- Knowledge of Voice over IP systems is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the hardware and software components of personal computers and current trends
- Skill in problem analysis and problem solving
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.