MSELECT is hiring a Junior Drilling Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidate must have minimum 3 years of relevant experience and fluency in English and Kurdish language is a must.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Junior Drilling Engineer assists the Drilling Supervisor(s) and Well Engineers with all aspects of Well Engineering and Drilling operations
The Junior Drilling Engineering is seen as an entry route for either the Drilling Engineer or Completion Engineering position.
- Act as support to the Drilling Supervisor on location
- Act as support to the Drilling / Completion Engineer in the office
- Monitor plans, drilling program and work progress.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of equipment and material is available at drilling site with quality check in coordination with logistic person.
- Coordinate activities with third party service companies.
- Report any deviation in work, equipment supply etc.
- Upgrade drilling program to adjust changes in Geology and or wellbore pressure in coordination with Geologist and mud logger.
- Active role in casing running and cementing operation. Carry out casing tally and cementing calculation.
- Closely monitor casing running and cementing operation.
- Witness casing shoe integrity tests and calculate minimum leak-off values.
- Monitor drill bit connection and BHA testing and BHA make up operation.
- Monitor BOP testing operation.
- Report bit dull grading and condition of BHA.
- Check IWCF well control sheet with rig contractor before drilling next hole.
- Assist Drilling Supervisor with handling well control issues if occurred - Perform hydraulic calculations prior to and during each section.
- Insert survey into Landmark module and track the planned well trajectory.
- Carry out Well Plan torque and drag modeling on drill string and liners
- Prepare and update Time vs Depth graph and Cost Vs Depth graph.
- Monitor daily operational cost control.
- Write parts of the daily drilling report.
- Capture lesson learned and document it with recommendation for next wells.
- Write section by section technical summary for EOWR.
- Collect daily report, EOWR’s and archive the documents from service companies.
- Monitor performance of rig contractor and service companies.
- Provide suggestions to improve the overall performance of drilling operation.
- Assist the Drilling Supervisor to implement the HSSE management system.
- Support the Drilling Supervisor in the event of an emergency response situation.
- Observe all company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to personnel
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injuries in the workplace.
- Monitor HSE close out items with rig contractor
- Present a safety topic at wellsite weekly safety meeting
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a Technical Discipline Preferred
- Specific petroleum engineering qualifications
- Experience with Landmark drilling engineering software
- Willingness to learn
- Thorough awareness of importance to safety. Preferred
- Previous drilling or completions related work experience
- Willing to work on rotation 2 weeks in the field / 2 weeks in the office / 2 weeks off
- Drilling Supervisor
- HSSE Representative
- Well Engineer
- Drilling Contractor
- Service Companies