MSELECT is looking for Junior Risk Assessment Manager for an international Oil operator to be based in Kurdistan with the below details:
Assistant to the Risk Assessment Manager (RAM). Assist with the safety and security of personnel and facilities, the completion of daily security reports and local staff administration.
• Assist the RAM with:
• (1) Overseeing of all daily field security operations;
• (2) Ensuring correct manning of ECP's and Access Control Points;
• (3) Coordinating of security related incident response;
• (4) Maintaining close liaison with government security forces;
• (5) Maintaining good relations with the local community;
• (6) De-escalating confrontational situations;
• (7) Investigating and reporting of known or suspected security incidents.
• Ensure proper preparation and hand over between security shifts.
• Ensure all administration of local personnel employed through security are kept up to date.
• Update the occurrence book daily or whenever an incident occurs.
• Update security reports on a daily basis with the assistance of the RAM.
• Support of the clients onsite during emergencies and incident management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Minimum - High School Diploma
• Managerial level training qualification
• Have no previous criminal convictions.
• Minumum 3 years commercial security experience in a Managerial position OR 5 years in Supervisory role.
• Minimum of 3 year’s security related experience in the oil and gas industry in the Kurdish Region of Iraq.
• Understanding of local tribes and tribal structures.
• Understanding and implementing minimum-security standards for oil and gas projects.
• Proficient in English written and verbal communication,
• Fluent in Kurdish (Bahdini), Arabic will be beneficial.
• Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to relate to people from different cultures and backgrounds
• Good decision making & problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with different cultures, religions and nationalities.
• Must have a valid Iraq drivers licence.
• Daily Working hours - 12hour work day/12 hours standby during evenings; Work Rotation - Two week on/off rotation.
• Former law enforcement, military or commercial security
• Professionalism – Good skills in information collection and analysis with a view to recognizing potential threats and dangers.
• Planning and organizing – Good planning and organizational skills regarding security projects.
• Communication – Ability to provide instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
• A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
• Judgment and Decision Making – High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, physical fitness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy work load.
• Client Orientation – Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the project Security Section.
• Technology Awareness – High standard of computer literacy (Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
• Must be willing to work on a back to back rotation schedule.
• Must provide verifiable references from registered Private Security Companies.