MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistic/ Procurement Officer to be based in Erbil, for our client an international industrial company. The candidate should have 2-3 years’ experience in the same field plus speaking fluently English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Address staffing resource needs and supervise purchasing clerks
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
Skills and Job requirements
A Logistic Officer should have the following skill sets: communication, active listening and learning, reading comprehension, coordination, judgment and decision making, organization, time management, writing, service.