MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistics Specialist for an international oil operator in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant role.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the overall coordination of freight. Act as the primary focal point for all in/outbound transportation activities including analyzing the business while taking ownership of establishing new opportunities to improve processes or decrease secondary distribution spend.
He/ She reports to the Logistics Lead/Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage logistics operations to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of shipments and to build long\-term logistics relationship with business segments. With a special focus on consolidation/ cargo optimization.
- Manage all exceptional processes and ensure compliance.
- Track all cargo movements in the assigned region from booking to final delivery, with special attention to Dangerous Goods.
- Report and investigate any process deviation to ensure continuous improvement on service quality.
- Provide daily operational support to business segments and procurement Specialists regarding expected shipment and arrival dates by proactively monitoring shipments.
- Manage customs clearance.
- Assist in management of civil construction, infrastructure projects (pads, roads).
- Manage crude transportation and loading.
- Plan and manage regular supply of cargoes, fuel and water.
- Assess carrier performance with respect to on-time delivery and on-time pick-up.
- Continually search opportunities for improvement in transportation processes.
- Ensure internal alignment and common goals/objectives to support internal customers.
- Comply with applicable company policies including but not limited to finance, personnel, and QHS.
- Monitor Logistics provider’s delivery of service on a day to day basis, report any service quality deviation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in related fields of Supply Chain / Engineering / Manufacturing or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years of related logistics management experience.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze large amount of data and information objectively, and make quick decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills.
- Understanding of general logistics processes / local logistics rules and regulations.
- Proficiency / working knowledge of various ERP systems preferred, but not required.
- High standard of spoken and written English, Kurdish and Arabic.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.