MSELECT is hiring a Mechanical Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidate must have minimum 5 years of relevant experience and fluency in English and Kurdish is a must
- Maintenance, Production, Inspection, Projects and Supply Chain
Provide mechanical engineering support to the operator Kurdistan Production and Maintenance teams. Liaise with the Engineering and Project teams to provide an interface between the Operations Department and the support functions. Coach and develop maintenance technicians. Support equipment failure investigations in order minimize downtime and improve production efficiency and review and maintain CMMS data.
- Provide professional mechanical engineering advice and support as required
- Develop scopes for Work Order Requests and manage the implementation
- Assist in the Ops Readiness and Assurance process for new projects providing oversight and support during the design, construction and commissioning phases
- Provide technical input to equipment requisitions
- Review and update maintenance routines as necessary to maximize equipment reliability
- Provide technical input to operating procedures and standards
- Coach and support maintenance staff
- Proactively manage the development and use of the CMMS
- Provide technical evaluation support to SCM
- Lead equipment failure investigations to identify root causes and corrective actions
- Mechanical engineering degree.
- 5 years’ experience in a major accident hazard industry.
- Experience in the use of CMMS
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Key interface relationship management
- Ability to plan for longer term objectives
- Flexible approach
- Good communication skills at all levels of the organization
- English and Kurdish proficiency
The three main reasons for the creation of this role are to provide;
- Support to the head of Maintenance Support position to allow them to concentrate on the overall management of maintenance strategy on company assets.
- A career development path for the development of Kurdish Nationals. The role will give the individual exposure to front-line technical issues, management and coaching of maintenance staff, involvement in strategic management reviews, engineering design, construction and commissioning and engagement with senior Operations Management.
- In-country professional engineering support to the Operations and Maintenance teams.