MSELECT is looking to hire an MHPSS Director on behalf of a charity organization based in Erbil. The candidate will provide technical leadership on MHPSS services and develop processes, protocols and standards for client care, as well as support monitoring and evaluation to inform program development and implementation. The Director will collaborate with Program Directors and Managers to oversee the quality of services in Erbil, Dohuk, Sulaymaniyah, and other project sites as they develop, providing technical guidance and oversight to staff and any sub-grantees.
- Provide senior technical leadership of MHPSS service provision.
- Lead the development of appropriate policies, procedures and guidance for staff on MHPSS approaches, train staff appropriately, and ensure that all guidelines and approaches are being implemented.
- Support the development of MHPSS programming, including relevant program materials and tools.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to MHPSS psychologists and case managers to ensure key competencies and quality standards in line with the organization’s approach, best practices and the IASC MHPSS guidelines.
- Support staff to provide integrated mental health and comprehensive case management and psychosocial support to vulnerable, conflict-affected individuals and families and complete appropriate case documentation, in coordination with the Clinical Advisor, and relevant management.
- Support staff to identify appropriate topics and conduct group sessions and community-based activities in coordination with other sectors as relevant.
- Train MHPSS staff in case management, including for survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) Psychological First Aid (PFA), and other relevant trainings as needed, and ensure their training on Guiding Principles on GBV, and other international standards.
- Support the conduct of MHPSS needs assessments among the affected populations, in line with IASC guidelines and WHO/UNHCR MHPSS assessment toolkit; as needed.
- Support the development of referral pathways internal to organization and with external service providers to strengthen links to available services for MHPSS and protection more generally, including regularly updating service directories/mappings.
- Lead the development of appropriate promotional materials to build awareness of services and promote key messages and results.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on delivering high quality mental health, case management and psychosocial support services to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations.
- Lead in the implementation of strategies to meet the needs of survivors and strengthen support mechanisms.
- Lead in the development of the organization’s Standard of Care to support survivors with MHPSS Services and promote its adoption/rollout.
- Ensure the ethical management of case data and systems, ensuring that data collection informs improved service delivery.
Coordination and Organizational Representation:
- Represent the organization in external coordination meetings including the Mental Health and MHPSS Working Groups and the SGBV Sub-Working Group.
- Develop strategic partnerships with local and international organizations, and key government interlocutors
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Work closely with program partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Work closely with the M& E Manager, devises program M&E plan.
- Ensure that the organization is using the most robust M& E systems and methods to measure performance.
- Ensure that M& E systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course correction as necessary.
Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Develop or contribute to Training and Capacity Building Plan for MHPSS providers, and others, ensuring that all staff has a deep understanding of the services and responsibilities; ensure that plan is carried out and updated appropriately.
- Conduct on-the- job supervision and training assessments to evaluate key competencies and conduct training.
- Supervise, train and build capacity of program staff.
- Devises or contribute to individual development plans for staff.
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
- Master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology, social work, or other relevant degree.
- Five years+ experience overseeing MHPSS Programming in international settings; Iraq experience preferred.
- Experience in providing supervision and oversight to service providers.
- Clinical and/or academic experience in working with people in conflict and war preferably IDPs and/or refugees and MHPSS services.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English and Arabic; Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Salary, benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications.
- Willingness to live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq.