MSELECT is looking to hire an MHPSS Instructor on behalf of a charity organization based in Erbil. The candidate must be compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent with extensive experience providing direct MHPSS services to people who have experienced violence, conflict, torture, and/or other forms of trauma as well as significant training and supervision experience. The Instructor will develop curriculum, teach MHPSS courses, and provide supervision to MHPSS service providers and Clinical Psychology university students.
Psychosocial Support Services Training Program:
- Collaborate with the Director, Center for MHPSS and other MHPSS Instructors to recruit participants, form classes, and implement the PSS Training Program for MHPSS service providers throughout Iraq.
- Adapt the PSS Training Program curriculum to continually improve the program and meet the needs of students enrolled in the course.
- Build a network of qualified guest instructors and coordinate their delivery of training for the program
- Contribute to development of strategy to strengthen and expand the program.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation procedures to ensure the effectiveness of the program.
Support to the Clinical Psychology Program at Koya University:
- Teach a course within the Clinical Psychology department, as assigned.
- Attend faculty meetings, as requested.
- Provide clinical supervision to students during their supervised practicum experience, as requested.
Center for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services:
- Assist in designing and implementing workshops aimed at strengthening the skills of MHPSS providers and other professionals working with survivors of trauma in Iraq.
- Represent the organization and the Center for MHPSS at meetings.
- Other tasks, as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology, social work, or other relevant degree.
- Relevant work experience in curriculum development, teaching and supervision desired.
- Clinical and/or academic experience in working with people in conflict and war preferably IDPs and/or refugees and MHPSS services
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills
- High standard of spoken and written English and Arabic; Kurdish a plus
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Salary, benefits and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications.
- Willingness to live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Please note only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process