MSELECT is looking to hire an Office Manager for an international oil & gas operator to be based in Erbil. Minimum 4 years of experience in administration or office-related positions with fluency in English and Kurdish, Arabic is plus.
Office Manager - provides administrative support for the efficient operation of the office, engaging with all managers, employees and contractors as required to ensure a positive and productive working environment.
Requirements, skills and competencies
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Order office supplies.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Cover the reception desk when required.
- Coordinate office procedures.
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face inquiries.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Resolve administrative problems.
- Manage staff appointments.
- Greet and assist visitors to the office.
- Proven experience as an office manager or administrative assistant.
- Highly trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality and discretion in all business matters.
- Hard working, adaptable and willing to take on challenging tasks and schedules.
- Knowledge of office management systems, office equipment and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English and Kurdish, Arabic a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Administration or office-related positions.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.