MSELECT is looking to hire an Operations Assistant to assist in daily administrative tasks related to ongoing operations across all products, for an international logistics client to be based in Erbil, Iraq.
- Coordinate local operational requirements between Operations Coordinators, Operations Manager, approved vendors and clients.
- Administrative daily tasks such as opening jobs, preparing and updating daily/weekly reports, uploading documents to In track (PODs, Customs documents, receipts and invoices)
- Preparing movement approval requests/documents such as Asayish, MoI and Erbil Check Point support letters from client to our registered vendors
- Maintain and update local asset reports such as monthly vehicle penalty report, Vehicle maintenance report and daily vehicle movement log sheet.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organisations.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Send regular updates on changes to import/export policies and procedures, local rules and regulations for the Iraq to the BO & HQ support teams and the SMT.
- Actively support our preferred supplier relationships and ensure that only approved vendors' services are utilised.
- Work closely with the Quoting department to best price our services and ensure the most cost-effective solutions are proposed.
- Requesting transport and service quotes from agents and vendors.
- University degree in a related field is required.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships
- High communication skills
- High standard of spoken and written English and Kurdish is a must, Arabic is an advantage
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email, etc.)
- Report writing skills
- Working independently/in a group
- Working under pressure
- Minimum of 3 years of experience is a must
- Flexibility/adaptability/managing multiple priorities
- Multicultural sensitivity/awareness
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.