Mselect is looking to hire a Deputy Operation Manager for one of it's major local industrial leaders in the Kurdistan Region. The Deputy Plant Manager is the back-up for the Plant Manager for overall management and will provide coverage for Plant Manager with regards to customer relations and O&M P&L management. The work rotation is 120 days on / 14 days off. Minimum of 8 years of Combined Cycle experience is required with fluency in Kurdish and English.
- Supervises staff at the level determined by senior management
- Prepare targets for both monthly and annual operations ensuring that these are compatible with the objectives of the company.
- Keep people informed or under his direction in the annual objectives in the area of operations and provide support staff to develop their individual goals.
- Coordinate with the plan's maintenance department planned machine outputs, directing, controlling and monitoring the courts and subsequently monitor the boot of the units, ensuring compliance with safety standards and procedures established for each team (maintenance and operations.) Ensures the development and recording of applicable plant operations and maintenance data.
- Analyze the efficiency level of each of the generating units, determining the circular points when failures occur, coordinating with supervisor immediate actions to be performed to detect and repair damage. Ensures the performance and recording of periodic operational checks and tests of the plant equipment in accordance with Company’s requirements, equipment manufacturers’ recommendations, applicable laws and Contractor’s recommendations.
- Interprets the plant running data to ensure operational efficiencies are maintained. Establishes and maintains sampling programs to ensure that the chemistry specifications for site equipment and systems are maintained for the required operating, shutdown, or lay-up condition.
- Participate in the development and periodic review of procedures for security operations and providing continuous monitoring reviews to ensure reliable operation of equipment.
- Develop the plant manager's annual investment budget and expenses of the plant, to monitor its strict application, maintaining control over expenditures, to ensure compliance with the goal of having the lowest possible cost, thereby increasing the profits of the enterprise.
- Recommends Facility modifications and upgrades to enhance plant reliability and performance.
- Manages preparation of plant operating logs covering critical plant operating parameters and ensures necessary review and analysis to proactively identify potential problems.
- Prepare monthly or weekly report of operations, which is an executive report with analysis of energy production, water consumption, fuel consumption and parasitic energy consumption which will be based on reports from the supervisor on duty. This report will be sent each month to the address of the plant. Prepares and submits operations activities reports as per requirements of the PPA.
- Participates and supports plant root cause analysis for the technical events.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions for materials, equipment and spare parts of different departments according to the needs reported by management.
- Review and approve the technical specifications for the procurement of external services generated by the operations department, ensuring compliance with standards established by the company. Makes recommendations to maintain optimum stock of chemicals and operational consumables.
- Encourage and train staff directly under his direction on specific technical aspects of plant operations.
- Develop training plans and qualification for the operations department, with support from human resources to ensure that staff with special skills to perform their functions.
- Participate in daily meetings, weekly or monthly for definition of activities, review reports, etc. In order to ensure continuous improvement and improve the daily performance of activities.
- Ensure the preservation of the integrity and safety of personnel, equipment and plant facilities through effective HSE management. Manages application of Log-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) System in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures with the assistance of the HSE department.
- Assists in technical evaluation of candidates during jobbing interview and hiring.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Combined Cycle and O&M.
- Strong project management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- P&L management experience with regards to long term services contracts.
- Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training.
- Fluency in Kurdish and English is required.