MSELECT is looking to hire an Operations Support Process Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have minimum 5 years working in an international oil and gas operation and 8 years relevant experience in chemical process engineering. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Candidate will report to Operations Manager for supporting delivery of operational support related Process Engineering related activities.
Candidate’s responsibilities shall include:
- Providing daily Process engineering support to Area Operations Team and being the first point of contact for any Process Engineering queries from the area operations team.
- Working closely with optimisation and production teams to identify debottlenecking opportunities & constraints and initiating debottlenecking projects as necessary.
- Performs Process Engineering calculations that do not require specialist or expert knowledge to support the daily operations of the facility
- Assumes Single Point Accountable (SPA) for the front-end definition of various technical changes originating from operational work scopes. Carry out Site Surveys, preparation of Basis of Design, SOR’s, EQs response and MOC development.
- Supports various process safety reviews. Working closely with operations personnel (eg Operations Manager, Ops advisors, Site Engineers and HSE personnel) to define and lead where necessary on the following key aspects of process safety:
- Operational Risk Assessment
- Pre-start up safety review (PSSR)
- Act as Custodian of asset PIDs with final sign off of as built drawings.
- Provides technical input on operations procedures as required.
- Communicates Process Engineering lessons learned to Site Personnel.
- Provide support as necessary to activity planning and progress reporting
- Represent the owner on technical issues associated with 3rd party organizations such as key vendors and other IOCs as necessary.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 8 years relevant experience in chemical process engineering, including the design and operation of processing systems in the oil and gas industry. Have a Chemical/mechanical or Petroleum Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years working in an international oil and gas operation, in a day to day operations support role involved in supporting operational risk management, production optimization and defect elimination.
- Demonstrable experience in identification and personal delivery of minor facility modifications in an operating facility.
- Candidate to demonstrate experience of key engineering process simulation and modelling tools (HYSYS, PIPESIM, Flarenet etc.)
- Experience of risk management processes associated with process safety including but not limited to: ORA, HAZID/HAZOP, inherently safer design, fire and blast management, etc.
- Experience in defect identification via Root Cause Failure Analysis and identifying facility debottlenecking opportunities.
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process