We are currently looking for a Marketing Manager with at least 5 years' experience for an international automotive client, to manage marketing research projects. Position will be based in their Baghdad office.
- Manage the execution of assigned marketing research projects in industry segments.
- Support business unit functions through collecting, processing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative statistics and information.
- Responsible for covering a range of projects of both tactical and strategic value that will allow the company to gain a full understanding of our market and competitive environment. The role will require this work to be carried out as well as turning the results into informed, actionable insight for senior executives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine market research requirements at a business unit, and construct proposals and timelines to meet these requirements.
- For any planned or ad hoc market research requirements, select and manage 3rd party information providers, as well as ensure all projects are delivered on time, in full and within budget.
- Prepare presentations, reports and executive summaries highlighting the findings of any planned or ad hoc market research project to all internal stakeholders.
- Monitor market statistics and industry related information sources in order to contribute to the analysis of the current market environment and future trends at a business unit.
- Provide support to business unit Sales Effectiveness Function in the sourcing and interpreting of market and customer data.
- Develop reports and portals to both gather and disseminate information across the company.
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence data and information including mergers, acquisitions, marketing, pricing, new product development and investments.
- Develop political and economic analysis and forecasting for territories including:
- Define the likely impact of market forecast scenarios on projected market size and company market shares.
- Develop detailed market analysis for new business opportunities in new geographies, including:
- Opportunity market size and forecasted growth.
- Competitive landscape.
- Regulatory frameworks.
- GDP growth and commodity prices.
- Political and fiscal stability and security risks.
- Infrastructure spending trends and major planned projects.
Skills, Experience & Background:
- Degree in Business Administration or Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same field
- Must have previously held a similar position with a background that demonstrates experience of managing and delivering market intelligence.
- Ability to find and use market intelligence sources, both internally and externally.
- Excellent analytical thinking – ability to analyze a large amount of data and information and then communicate the implications of the analysis.
- Excellent presentation skills in order to deliver meaningful and insightful recommendations.
- Strong time management skills as well as the ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last minute requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix organization.
- Proactive and self-motivated to anticipate, prioritize and action appropriate market intelligence and analytical demands.