Our major Oil and Gas client is looking for a Procurement Category Specialist to provide support to a diverse range of stakeholders within the business. The Procurement Category Specialist will be working on rotation of 5 days on / 2 days off and based in Basra, South Rumaila.
Responsibilities and Role Synopsis:
The Iraq Region has an aggressive development plan to increase production in the Rumaila Oil Field from 1.25 mbpd to 1.85 and then 2.85 mbpd during the next five years, which will develop it into the world's 3rd largest Oil Field. The current plan is to support this growth utilizing over 200 PSCM staff from the company as well as its JV partners.
The Joint Venture has approximately $2.5bn third party annual spend. This spend is regulated by commercial Supply Contracts covering all aspects of JV’s operations (e.g. drilling and seismic appraisals, helicopters, engineering and maintenance, chemicals and catering).
The Category Specialists provides support to a diverse range of stakeholders within the ROO business. The key challenges are ensuring that full and timely support is provided to the operations in Iraq, whilst satisfying the framework for cost recovery under which the Iraq region operates.
The Category Specialist role will include sourcing and contracting for various agreements that are needed to ensure that end users and PSCM (Procurement and Supply Chain Management) are fully aligned and working towards agreed plans
The candidates must be:
- Iraqi nationality and based in Basra.
- Sourcing & tendering experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products i.e. PowerPoint, Access & Excel.
- Experience in managing supplier relationships.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic languages
Graduate: BSc/BA in Engineering, Operations Management, Quantity Surveying, Economics, Business, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent
- Development of sourcing plans, both project & programme.
- Procurement expediting experience (not essential).
- Oil & Gas or Manufacturing industry experience
- Sourcing & tendering experience, including use of e-sourcing tools
- Being able to work under pressure and stringent time constraints.
- Team player as well