MSELECT is urgently looking for a Procurement Engineer to work with one of the major local holding companies in Sulaimaniyah, preferably electrical or mechanical engineering graduates, 2 years of experience in procurement field is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- His/her will determine needs of the BPP proactively in coordination with BPP concerned personnel and connect these to GPE team, using specialized knowledge to determine the sort of items and materials required to be purchased to BPP. He/ She will also review and revise these needs and adjust the stock to ensure a no-overstock or a stock out situations.
- Choosing and managing sources and suppliers.
- Negotiate Prices and Award Contracts and ensure diligent closure of any purchase case.
- Ensure an efficient and effective logistics management from collection to warehouse
- Meticulous material and return management process management.
- Experience in an engineering and procurement (knowledge in engineering may also does as the candidate to be a graduate of any engineering college or institute)
- Acceptable verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
- Knowledge and experience in negotiating with Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Two (2) years previous experience related field.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in electrical/Mechanical engineering, or related field and qualification preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Preference: Experienced in Energy sector.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Language proficiency: English, Arabic and Kurdish.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic Language