MSELECT is looking for a qualified Production Technologist for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil, minimum 5 years overall industry experience, fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
Production Technologist is responsible for every aspect of daily operations related to oil and gas production working on the Production Facility. This includes compliance with Company policies, rules and regulations, ensuring that employees and onsite personnel are working safely, planning maintenance and minimizing downtime and non-productive time. Production Technologist provides leadership, safety compliance and direction in resolving operational and personnel issues. Production Technologist is also responsible for planning and directing production operations, field logistic, as well as regular communication with Company personnel, third parties and Customer representatives.
This role performs under the direction of the Production Director.
- Maintain stable production and safe equipment operations with zero down time including compliance with all safety and operational procedures.
- Direct/work with Control Room Operator, Production Operators, Laboratory Technician
Provide leadership to ensure safety of all onsite personnel with goal of working incident-free supervision, direction and training of operation crew members.
- Maintain clear production history of process operations/equipment informing
- Production Superintendent
- Act as Permit to Work Coordinator when required.
- Anticipate, quickly troubleshoot and resolve operational, equipment and maintenance issues to minimize downtime.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees of all backgrounds feel included and their contributions are valued.
- Promptly address and resolve concerns and disputes among team members and customers with the goal of building a stronger, more cohesive work group
Lead pre- and post-tour meetings including crew fit-for-duty evaluations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Organize and participate actively in the training of his/her operators.
Support the training of Junior Field Specialists and crew assigned to his/her cell.
Attend to his/her personal development by following the Company’s training program as applicable.
To follow and uphold all company QHSE standards and promote their understanding and adherence.
To control quality of our service during all phases of the operation and ensure products of highest quality are delivered to the client.
To perform all reporting duties concerning the field operations, accurately and in a timely manner.
To ensure that the status of all equipment assigned to his/her cell is reported and kept up to date
To ensure that supplies are available at the well site to perform the operation
- Suitable candidates should hold an Engineering Degree in Oil & Gas Related Discipline: Process, Mechanical, Production or Petroleum Engineering;
- 5+ years overall industry experience
- Field operations experience (preferable gas fields with H2S)
- Excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, planning and organization skills
- Likes hands-on, direct connection to operations and field work activities – likes to see how their work made a difference
Demonstrated ability in the following leadership competencies:
- Builds and Maintains Effective Relationship
- Develops Self and Others
- Builds Effective Teams
- Courageous Leadership
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety Training
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.