MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Accountant for an international agriculture client to be based in Karbala, Iraq.
- Handle all aspects of Accounts Payable Invoices & Cash Payment as per the company policy & procedures.
- Ensure that any invoices and expenses recorded appropriately and high accuracy in regards value, date, name, cost center….etc. with the required approval and must be according to the company procedures.
- Keep follow up the advance payment and make the necessary adjustments before the end of the month (If any).
- Run the cost Calculation and verify the data that recorded in respective Cost Center.
- Follow Up & check the inventory records (In , transfer & Out) on regular basis(daily) including but not limited checking the documentation through the designed process.
- Ensure to update and record the transactions on the day of receiving the documents and not be forward to the next day according to the company procedures.
- Prepare internal memo in regards any approval that required according to the designed format
- Maintain a day to day record of all the purchase order that issued including the status based on the submitted invoices that confirm receiving the order or the service.
- Maintain & Check all the PO/Service or Agreements that issued in the system.
- Verify the GL accounts on daily to ensure that the data remain in the system at accuracy.
- Perform the necessary JV in regards closing advance payment that related to the suppliers or staff including doing the adjustments for the same whenever required.
- Perform the necessary general JV whenever required and obtain the approval according to the company designed process.
- Perform account reconciliations on regular basis.
- Perform account reconciliations with the suppliers & staff on regular basis either directly by exchanging emails with the suppliers or the department in charge.
- Assist and prepare financial position based on approved format
- Assist and prepare presentations related to the accounting and finance based on request.
- Assist and prepare the budget based on approved format.
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations by maintaining the following files:
- File the documents that are related to Finance & Accounting transactions according to the filing system on daily basis
- Scan the documents that are related to Finance & Accounting transactions according to the designed system whenever required.
- Assist with financial and tax audits as well as in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist the accounting team as needed; work on special projects as management's requests.
- Bachelor’s degree of Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.