|Job Title:||Senior Accountant/Auditor|
|Contact Name:||David Bernard|
|Job Published:||15 days ago|
Role of the Auditor:
The organization is seeking a Senior Accountant/Auditor to work in the organization’s office in Erbil with occasional travel to other sites within KRI. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for review of paperwork provided with cash and non-cash auditor requests, all cash payments, and donor requirements for the 2017 calendar year and for ensuring full compliance of payment requests with the organization Foundation procedures.
• Responsible for the reviewing disbursement of cash in accordance with the organization Foundation’s procedures and take corrective measures as appropriate.
• Review the accuracy of the records for the disbursement of cash and ensure that the cashbook was kept up to date for all cash payments and recommend for correction of errors if found.
• Review the transactions documentations and allocations, codes and appropriation, identify missing documentation and amend as appropriate.
• Ensure adequate documentations maintained.
• Review documentations prepared for month closures and bank reconciliations as well as others necessary documents and amend accordingly.
• Review all paperwork, procedures and internal control followed, report with a recommendation.
• Ensure adequate referencing and filing of paperwork.
• Review the Implementation of the applicable the organization Foundation, donor and country laws regulations for that year.
• Ensure that all budgets are coded and set up in QuickBooks for that year consistent with the documentation provided.
• Review the assets registers documentations, report any missing or false reporting.
• Create financial folders as required.
• Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by supervisor.
• Ensure cash flow is smooth and covers all activities.
• Review and approve the cash requests received from each site.
• Ensure weekly cash counts are received from each site.
• Assist with budget development and ensure there is a participative approach in the budgeting process which involves all relevant staff.
• Maintain and implement good working knowledge of all project budgets and applicable the organization Foundation, donor and country law regulations.
• Ensure that all budgets are coded and setup in QuickBooks.
• Review budgets monthly to ensure that costs have been allocated correctly.
• Provide monthly reports to management on budget spend and facilitate budget forecasting and review with relevant staff.
• Provide training to budget holders to ensure that budgets are managed correctly.
• Ensure that the Fixed Asset Register is maintained and contains all relevant financial information.
• Ensure that internal controls are reviewed monthly and a report produced for management as part of monthly accounts review.
• Ensure controls over payroll exist as per the organization Foundation’s procedures.
• Ensure compliance with the organization foundation’s Donation in Kind procedures.
• Visit all offices to ensure full compliance with internal controls.
• Provide training to all staff involved in finance activities and to non-finance staff on finance procedures.
• Participate in the testing, interviewing and recruitment of new finance staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related subject
• CPA, or CMA preferred
• Good communicator, both in English, Kurdish and Arabic
• NGO Experience preferred.
• Previous Audit experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and E-mail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work in teams with diversity of background, skills, multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.