MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Business Liaison Officer for one of its international NGO clients to be based in Duhok.
The Senior Business Intelligence Officer will lead the Resilient Economy through Agricultural Livelihoods (REAL) project data collection, modelling, and analysis, as well as interface with key agricultural business leaders with interests in Zakho and Al Shikhan districts of Dohuk. Working closely with NGO senior leadership the PSL will develop and maintain strong relationships with businessmen and link them to relevant program activities including networking events and apprenticeships.
Business Intelligence & Data Analysis
- Build and develop NGO’s market knowledge of the agricultural sector in Zakho and Shikhan districts with a focus on understanding available market potential and expansion opportunities.
- Work with NGO and implementing partner program leads as well as external stakeholders to refine programmatic indicators, and develop action items and tools to support these indicators.
- Work with NGO and implementing partner program leads to develop apprentice identification and selection strategies and tools.
- Create and analyse meaningful activity reports to help the program implementing partners make better decisions and bring added value to intelligence shared with donor.
- Lead the NGO efforts in joint implementing partners’ market assessments to inform additional focus and investment areas for continuation and expansion of program activities.
Data Modelling & Collection
- Collaborate with the IT Manager on the design of the REAL data collection model, including technical design and input processes.
- Train program officer(s) on the data collection process, in collaboration with implementing partner.
- Collaborate with implementing partner to Identify 300 beneficiaries across the two program sites.
- Assume the primary role in harmonising the data collection and management practices between NGO and implementing partner.
Sectoral Relationship Building
- Take lead in managing relationships established by NGO with key business contacts by following up on initial introductions, engaging with individuals and their staff, and linking them to opportunities presented by program activities.
- Collaborate with program officers in reaching out to contacts of contacts in order to widen network and establish new strategic relationships.
- Invest time necessary to understand priorities and concerns of business leaders in order to facilitate strategic links between them and other project stakeholders.
- Utilising business intelligence, identify businesses that would benefit from networking events and work with Program Officer(s) to ensure that they attend and are fully engaged.
- Utilising business intelligence, identify businesses for apprenticeship placement taking into consideration their labour needs and capacity to provide appropriate levels of applicable coaching and mentoring.
- Assume proactive responsibility for program excellence and the solid reputation of NGO in the community.
- Any other tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required.
- At least 5 years of experience undertaking similar activities with a demonstrated history of maintaining excellent relationships with beneficiaries, community leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated history of implementing successful programming that meets targets and complies with regulations and protocols.
- A deep understanding of local communication and social protocols and of the concept of shared value and how private sector actors can benefit from activities that promote the well-being of beneficiaries.
- Excellent communication and networking skills. Ability to prioritise workload according to the changing needs of the program, proactively engage with diverse stakeholders, and problem solve.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.