MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Buyer for oil and gas operator company in Erbil, the candidate must have 5+ years of Procurement and/or Logistics related experience in oil and gas companies plus to be fluent in Kurdish, Arabic and English.
Purchases goods and services in support of company site business operations, broadly manages and administers all activities concerned with formulation and management of contracts and Facilitate in the translation of contracts from English to Arabic.
- Handles purchasing requests, ensuring project equipment, services, and materials are purchased and delivered at the best cost, comply with specified quality standards and use requirements, and are delivered on time
- Establishes new sources of supply by executing the simplified or advanced sourcing process when requirements cannot be fulfilled from established Preferred supplier base
- Prepares written specifications and analyses quotations/ proposals
- Evaluates and analyses existing suppliers and purchasing performance, recommending new suppliers as needed
- Make recommendations on use of alternate materials or products
- Collaborates with other purchasing employees category leads to drive increased efficiency and effectiveness through standardization, better work practices and improved coordination for supply and procurement operations
- Prepares contractual documentation to be sent to customer or sub-contractor to resolve: back charges, disputes, claims, unpaid amounts, lack of or inadequate support documentation
- Provides and customizes contract templates to support sourcing activities
- Coordinates all contract submittals and correspondence, preparing and processing of variation orders, claims and close outs.
- Comprehensive computer skills specific to spread sheet applications
- General working experience with corporate purchasing and accounting systems.
- 5+ years of Procurement and/or Logistics related experience
- Some oil and gas experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business background
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic and English is a must
- Leads through empowerment
- Problem Solving/ Resolution
- High level of organizational, problem solving and administrative skills
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive Relationship Management
- People skills must support effective communication and cooperation with field personnel and accounting staff, technical specialists, and oilfield service company personnel
- Ability to develop relationships with key business stakeholders
- Team player, willing to coordinate and work with associated functional department personnel for the benefit of achieving company goals and objectives.
- Willingness to network and communicate with broader company organization