The Senior Completions Engineer will be responsible for designing completions, preparing procedures, cost estimates, and other documentation. This position will also be responsible for evaluating and implementing new technologies, improving operational efficiencies as well as well performance and working with field supervisors during project implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in onshore completion, production, or work over operations preferred.
- Ability to manage change to implement new technical solutions combined with project management skills required.
- Actively pursue new technology and solutions where required and/or beneficial.
- Ensure compliance with the Well Delivery Process (WDP).
- Responsible for providing the completion engineering input including (but not limited to) cost estimate for (Authorization For Expenditures) AFE preparation, completion design and optimized running procedures for new wells, P&A, infill or re-drills, tubing and zonal completions.
- Analysis of completion material requirements.
- Competent in conducting and evaluate contracts preparation and assessment for Completion by services providers.
- Maintain knowledge of the current relevant standards and guidelines.
- Construct completion procedures with cost and time estimates and utilize best practices from a wide variety of operations.
- Effectively communicate at various levels and with various audiences as well as across organizations.
- Monitor performance against schedule, plan, and cost and make solid recommendations for achieving completion goals.
- Follow total well construction activities and understand implication of those activities on completion activities.
- Evaluate new technologies and implement relevant technologies to improve operational efficiencies and/or overall well performance.
- Provide safety leadership throughout completion operations.
- Participate in or lead incident investigations, vendor visits, or safety meetings as required.
- Solid understanding of completion equipment and operational running practices of completions.
- Experience in horizontal multi-zone completions will be preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Access & Power Point.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks at one time is required.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning, and organizing skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with a strong drive to improve results and be able to manage projects to conclusion.
- English language proficiency