MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Drilling Manager for an international oil operator in Erbil. Minimum 7 years in the same role, fluency in English is a must.
- Present, support and lead-by-example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working. Ensure Company's HSE and QAQC policies and standards are implemented on the rig sites.
- Manage multiple drilling crews forecast and plan equipment, tooling, material and manpower needs for completion of multiple drilling projects.
- Leading wells engineering, operations planning and execution process.
- Leading and cost estimation/budget preparation.
- Ensure the correct management of the drilling operations by optimizing the assets and equipment and supervising the execution of the activities of subordinates.
- Oversees and mentors Company Drilling Engineers on technical and managerial guidance.
- Manage the mobilization and ensure that necessary materials and equipment are on-site to support the well construction operations.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts and manage contractors.
- Implement technology/operational efficiency, modern well operational practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized and approved program.
- Minimum 7 years in drilling management.
- Operations experience with HPHT, H2S presence and total/partial losses drilling conditions.
- Have demonstrated and proved ability to efficiently manage multiple organization consisting of Drilling Supervisors, Logistics specialists, Drilling Contractors, Service Companies in collaboration with Company Senior Drilling Engineers
- Have detailed and demonstrated technical knowledge of drilling, completion and workover operations.
- Have demonstrated and proved ability to manage multiple drilling and workover rigs at one time in a safe and cost effective manner.
- In depth knowledge well budget preparation and cost monitoring for exploration, appraisal and development projects.
- Understand and demonstrate leadership in all aspects of managing a HSE compliant operation without sacrificing operational efficiency.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment and manage subordinates.
- Understanding and application of continuous improvement processes.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding well engineering and well delivery process.
- Valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF or IADC).
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent knowledge of the well control best practices
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.