MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Instrument and Telecoms Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience. English fluency is a must.
- Responsible for all technical issues related to the instrumentation department
- Responsible to prepare all instrumentation and F&G engineering deliverables such as design basis, specification, data sheets, instrument index, I/O schedule, logic diagram, cable / JB schedule, etc. Instrument Datasheets, Index and I/O list shall be prepared using SPI (INTOOLS) software
- Responsible to carryout sizing calculations for control valves, safety valves and flow elements, accumulator sizing calculations, Instrument cable voltage drop & Intrinsically safe circuit calculations
- Responsible to prepare Safety Requirement Specifications, SIL verification calculations, Fire Detection & Alarm System deliverables
- Responsible to prepare Telecommunication Engineering deliverables such as Design Basis, Specifications for various telecommunication systems and fiber optic cables, system block diagrams, datasheets, etc.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines and review other discipline deliverables
- Develop control system and telecommunication systems architecture
- Provide inputs and review detailed drawings such as SP3D model, location plans, cable routing layout, instrument/device installation, process / pneumatic hook-up, interconnection diagram, loop diagram, segment diagrams, wiring diagram, etc. prepared by instrument designers
- Supervise and guide instrument engineers and designers in preparing project deliverables, maintain change request, carryout man hour estimation and recruitment personnel if required
- Carryout site survey as required
- Attend meetings with client / vendor and clarify their queries as applicable
- Reviewing various Instruments / Control system / Telecommunication system vendors offer, prepare technical clarification and prepare Technical Bid Evaluation report
- Review and provide comments on various instruments / control system / mechanical package vendor deliverables
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant instrument and telecoms engineering experience
- High professional education degree is require
- Ability to think strategically, analyze large amount of data and information objectively, and make quick decisions
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills
- Strong understanding of international engineering principles
- English fluency is a must
- Advanced user of MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, Visio
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.