MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Engineer for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years EPC projects experience in the field of pipeline and piping construction or repairs in the oil & gas sector; fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
- Participate in development of Scope of Work for Directorate’s Contracts, Technical evaluation of Bidders, post-award Project Management.
- Review, Comment and Approve Contractor’s documents like Specifications, Drawings, Procedures, Reports, etc.;
- Organize, co-ordinate and conduct site activities and inspections of facilities, equipment, material, Factory and/or Site Acceptance Tests etc.;
- Organizing Site Supervision to support work execution on site;
- Participating in development / review / issue of procedures and instructions for Projects of Directorate;
- Ensure & enforce compliance to safety, specifications, standards and procedures in order to achieve highest quality of the work;
- Preparation of Site Inspection Reports;
- Reviewing / Checking / Commenting on As-Built Documentation;
- Checking & monitoring Vendor’s equipment packages installation & testing on site;
- Checking Contractor’s Daily Reports, Weekly Reports, Monthly Reports; compiling company Reports (if required by CCD Management).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in pipeline and related facilities (pumping stations, separation plants, tank farms) design and construction.
- In depth knowledge of International standards such ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.4, API 1102, API 1104, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- Ability to perform calculations for pipeline wall thickness, road crossings, stress analysis; candidate may be required to perform calculation to prove ability.
- Producing specifications and data sheets for valves in accordance with API 6D, fittings in accordance with ASME B16.9 & MS SP 75, flanges in accordance with ASME B16.5 & MS SP 44, other piping items as bolting, gaskets, o-lets, etc., in accordance with relevant standards. Candidate shall show examples of his previous works.
- Ability to develop Piping Material Specification for a certain fluid considering specific operating/design conditions. Basis of PMS development shall be discus.
- General knowledges about centrifugal pumps in accordance with API 610. Knowledge about pump operating conditions (suction/discharge pressure, differential pressure, NPSH, BOP, Efficiency, etc.)
- General knowledges about tanks and tank farms in accordance with API 650.
- Knowledges about welding process, WPS & PQR in accordance with API 1104.
- In depth knowledges about pipeline design, ROW selection, typical drawings preparation, alignment sheets design. Previous experience in ROW selection is mandatory. Candidate shall be able to explain different types of ROW, normal, restricted, in waterlogged areas, in mountainous areas. Also, candidate shall be able to describe the content of main fields in an AS and their significance.
- Candidate shall have sound knowledge related to pipeline construction and shall be able to describe the process of pipeline installation, i.e. survey, ROW preparation, trenching, stringing, welding, etc.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and control in accordance with ISO 9001 and 14001 are mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of HSE rules and regulations is mandatory. Candidate shall prove his proactivity in maintaining a high level of safety at working place for himself as well as for colleagues or third parties
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process