MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Operation Engineer for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidate must have minimum 3 years of relevant experience and fluency in English and Kurdish is a must
- Team Operations Section within Directorate for Operations and Maintenance
- Operations and Maintenance of the Pipeline System
Objective of this position is to ensure the technically correct, safe, uninterrupted and reliable operations of the Pipeline System, including linear part and station facilities.
- The Senior engineer of Operations Section is appointed and dismissed from his/her position by the decision of the Branch Head – Operating Director upon agreement with the Director for Operations & Maintenance and Chief Engineer.
- The Senior engineer of Operations Section directly reports to the Head of Operations section or Deputy Head of Operations section.
- Development, control and management of plans for ILI inspections of the main trunk pipelines and underwater crossings;
- Development, control and management of implementation of actions to upgrade the linear part to the normative requirements based on the results of ILI;
- In close coordination with the Business Units of the Directorate for Commodity Transport organization, ensuring execution of the pigging, gauging operations and ILI.
- Provision of technical and methodical guidance to the business units within the Directorate for Operations & Maintenance in order to ensure reliable, uninterrupted and safe operation of the linear part; firefighting and other protection facilities; route roads; technical actions for prevention and liquidation of emergencies;
- Planning and organization of cleaning of the trunk pipelines from the wax deposits, development of schedules and actions for pipeline cleaning with in-house resources or engaging specialized contractors;
- Development of proposals on upgrade of the Pipeline System in order to increase the Availability and reduce technical risks, energy consumption and production losses;
- Participation in emergency response actions, investigation of the emergency causes, development of preventive actions. Registration and analysis of shutdown of the pipeline and pumping station equipment, control over the execution of corrective and preventive actions
- Organization and control over procedure of inspection of the Right of Way
- Participation in development and coordination of plan and budgets in different planning horizons; analysis of planned vs actual budget performance indicators;
- Participation in preparation and conclusion of contracts as well as control over their execution within the assigned competence;
- Preparation and submission to the management of reporting documents in compliance with the requirements of the Concession agreement and internal normative documents of the Company;
- Participate in the development and control over compliance to the internal normative documents within the assigned competence;
- Organization and control of cost saving actions through the effective use of the operational resources and rational organization of activities of the business units within the Directorate for Operations and Maintenance;
- Interaction with the HR Management Division on the organization of training and qualification upgrade of the subordinate employees for continuous improvement of the production efficiency and safety;
- Control over the compliance by the subordinate employees to the requirements of the internal labor regulations of the Company, Industrial Safety, Fire Safety, Occupational Health and Environment protection requirements, ensuring the data protection.
- Quantitative Indicators
- With the Deputy and Head of operations section, Director for Operations and Maintenance, Deputy of Director for Operations and Maintenance and Business Units within Directorate for Operations and Maintenance, Commodity Transport Section, Dispatch Section, Crude Quality Control Service, Station Managers, Central Maintenance and Repair Center, Directorate for Capital Construction, HSE Department, HR Management Division, Legal Service, Expert Review Section, Tenders and Contracts Section, other Directorates and Divisions of the Company within assigned competencies;
- With business partners, contractors and service providers within assigned competencies and scope of work under related contracts.
Regulation of Activities
- Concession Agreement;
- Applicable Legislation of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq;
- Company Internal Normative Documents related to the assigned Business area;
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements and fire safety requirements;
- Normative, methodical and other documents pertaining to operation, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of the equipment and systems of oil trunk pipelines and pumping stations;
- Regulation on Operations Section;
- The present Job Profile.
Other Job Requirements
- Higher Technical Education, preferably in facilities and operation of oil trunk pipeline systems or similar.
- Knowledge of the international standards, norms and recommended practices in the area of operations, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of the systems and equipment of oil trunk pipelines and station facilities;
- Confident knowledge of the oil transportation technology; operations and maintenance of the trunk oil pipelines and process management systems and equipment;
- Strong practical knowledge of planning, management, quality control and works acceptance, preferably in the area of oil trunk pipeline transportation;
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to address multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment with strong analytical and time management skills;
- Strong focus towards regulatory compliance, HSE and Operational Excellence;
- Knowledge of commercial and legal aspects in relation to concluding contracts for works and services.
- English fluent;
- Kurdish preferable;
- Russian preferable.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a relevant area of expertise; out of which at least 2 years of managerial experience in operation, maintenance, diagnostics and repair; preferably in petroleum companies;
- Relevant experience of working in global companies. A clear advantage is experience gained in the Middle East;
- Experience in managing and directing Business Units in operations, diagnostics and maintenance of the trunk pipeline facilities;
- Experience in managing plans and budgets;
- Experience in interacting with the State regulatory bodies;
- Experience in contract and claim management is beneficial.
- Experience in pigging, gauging, ILI
- Proficiency in using standard office software such as MS Windows, MS Office and/or equivalent;
- Proficiency in using modern communication tools such as Internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone / video conferencing, instant messenger systems;
- Applied engineering, project management, maintenance and integrity management software (Project Manager, Primavera, AutoCAD, CMMS, etc).
Special Requirements (if any)
- Erbil, Kurdistan Region, the Republic of Iraq.
Degree of mobility
- Regular travel to the construction sites and operational facilities of the Company.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process