MSELECT are urgently recruiting on behalf of our International Oil Client, a Maintenance Advisor for Erbil, Kurdistan. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the global giants in the energy sector where excellent performance is recognized through promotion from within. There is a generous salary on offer along with additional attractive benefits. The ideal candidate will reside in Erbil, Kurdistan.
The position will be field based with 50%-75% of the individual’s time spent out in the field coordinating and engaging stakeholders and contractors in the maintenance of surface facilities related to oil field work. This position will be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. This is a critical position supporting 24/7 drilling operations.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Work with Contractor(s) to develop Preventive Maintenance plans.
- Provide Company support during equipment inspections.
- Work with Contractor(s) to develop equipment maintenance procedures.
- Work with Contractor(s) to develop and provide Spare Parts listing.
- Provide mechanical completion and pre-commissioning support for new facilities.
- Provide input on pipeline and pump/compressor station design.
- Promote Chevron’s HES/OE standards.
- Work with Maintenance Contractors in their development of safety programs.
- Participate in FMEA/RCA investigations.
- Prepare individual work orders for the maintenance and repair of, but not limited to access roads, rotating equipment such as generators, pumps, living quarters, septic systems, electrical systems, water distribution systems, and equipment associated living accommodations and temporary civil facilities.
- Must be able to respond to an emergency, 24/7.
- Standardize whenever possible equipment and materials.
- Estimate the cost and schedule for each activity to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of work.
- Review and approve maintenance work orders.
- Track maintenance work orders and provide updates to stakeholders.
- Monitor supplier’s performance of the maintenance contract in the Rovi, Sarta, and QaraDagh areas.
- Ensure that the Contractor has sufficient resources (materials and personnel) to complete the works in accordance to schedule.
- Coordinate and facilitate multiples contractors to ensure timely completion of tasks within prescribed budget.
- Ensure proper disposal of waste materials in compliance with the applicable laws and regulation including standards of the Company.
- Monitor and approve/disapprove with stakeholders input on the acceptability of work carried out by the Contractors.
- Providing timely responses to queries received from the stakeholders in connection with the maintenance work order.
- Review and ensure all supporting documentation is provided by the contractor requiring a change in the Scope of Work.
- Review, validate and verify on completeness of maintenance work for contractors who may be claiming payments.
- Liaise with other Company departments and organizations teams such as, but not limited to Procurement, Health Safety Environment (HSE), Drilling & Completion (D&C), Project Controls, etc. to ensure compliance with the current Chevron Operating Procedures for the works being carried out in the field.
- Responsible for chairing and recording weekly progress meetings with each of the Contractors and produce an overall Weekly Site Report of the work.
- Complete a daily report to consist of HES performance, construction activities, days worked, daily cost, and progress photos.
- Insure all under supervision adhere to their company HES policies and procedures.
- Provide input on Contractor evaluations related to HES, Schedule, quality of works, and overall performance.
- Attend daily or weekly HES meetings.
- Must keep clear and concise records of maintenance work orders.
- Document and stored all project related work electronically within Chevron shared drive.
Technical, Construction Management, or Equivalent Degree
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Fluent in English both oral and written.
- Must possess ability to manage multi-projects.
- Knowledge and experience in rotating equipment, HVAC, electrical systems, septic systems, and water systems.
- Experience in fire systems is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in oilfield construction.
- Have a basic understanding of drilling operations.
- Organized and self-discipline.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations (Multi-Tasking).
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; ability to liaise at all levels, and across departments.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to make balanced decisions in a multi-discipline, multi-functional culture.
- Have the patience and skills to work closely with engineers and contractors of all disciplines from different cultures, and to develop technical interchange and understanding in both directions.
- Have broad knowledge of the Environmental, Safety and Social.
- Responsibilities associated with civil works in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong safety attitude, background / culture and sense of business ethics.
- Have knowledge or, preferably, experience of construction in a hot arid and wet (winter) climates.
- Be able to use Microsoft Office and other modern office PC software programmes and equipment for the formulation of schedules, records and reports.
- Must be willing to travel to remote locations frequently and all adverse conditions.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Kurdish language and culture – Preferred, but not required.