MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Process Engineer (Operations) for an International Oil and Gas operator in Erbil, with 10+ years of experience and Excellent grasp of both written and spoken English
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Working within the Operations Team supporting both the Asset and Engineering teams, the role provides process engineering support for the operation and development of companies interests in northern Iraq (Kurdistan).
Specifically, this will include assisting the operations team with day to day process engineering related activities such as plant optimization, engineering queries and operating within the management of change (MOC) process. In addition, the role will support the engineering team in the creation of work scopes for conceptual and front end engineering design, interfacing with third party engineering companies regarding existing engineering projects, and providing process engineering support to the Projects Team.
- Co-ordinate and direct process optimization, through daily operations oversight and design/implementation of debottlenecking and reliability improvement projects.
- Support/direct operations team with trouble shooting, plant optimization and root cause analysis.
- Manage Production loss identification, coordinate loss tracking process and definition/preparation of improvement projects.
- Responsible for optimization of diesel fuel and production chemicals consumption and utilization optimization.
- Support the Project and Production / Operations teams, including the preparation of engineering queries and review of management of change (MOC) documentation.
- Provide process engineering input to assist in the creation of work scopes for process related studies (e.g. conceptual, feasibility, etc.)
- Provide process engineering input to engineering project work, including review of engineering documents such as P&IDs, C&Es, etc.
- Review specifications for recommended process equipment and assess their suitability.
- Participate in project HAZOPs, as required. Review actions from previous HAZOPs and progress their completion.
- Promote an integrated approach within a multi-disciplinary team to incorporate process, mechanical and E&I engineering expertise into the design and operation of company facilities.
- Interface with other company engineers to ensure that best practices are defined and shared
- Support companies core values of safety and sustainability, pursuit of excellence, trust, working together, and courage and creativity.
- Operations and Engineering contributor working within a small multi-discipline team.
- Bachelors of Science (B.Sc.) or Engineering (BEng) Degree in Process or Chemical Engineering
- Masters of Engineering (MEng) Degree in Process or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of oil and gas process engineering experience.
- Excellent exposure to upstream exploration and production, especially in high H2S oil production operations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work and succeed in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of internationally applicable design codes and standards.
- Strong willingness to learn from others and develop professionally within the role.
- 15+ years of upstream oil and gas process engineering experience.
- Upstream (and Midstream) experience favorable compared to Downstream (i.e. refining).
- International experience, particularly within the MENA region.
- Excellent grasp of both written and spoken English, including the ability to create technical documents/reports and critically review the same.
- All groups within the companies Iraq business, located in: Abu Dhabi, Erbil and Atrush field.
- The role will be based in Erbil with regular possibly extended site visits to the Atrush field.
- Third party contractors and consultants.