MSELECT are looking for a Safety Manager, to be based in Sulaimaniya, on behalf of a well- known international construction company.
- Enforces safety consciousness of everybody on site.
- Ensures that the contractor enforces all safety aspects including the company's safety standards on site.
- Ensures that the contractor enforces cleanliness and hygiene on site.
- Aims for zero accidents.
- Leads the safety team organisation.
- Checks safety rules and procedures of the contractor.
- Challenge and validate contractors permit to work, method, statement, and risk assessment, fire plan, circulation plan, emergency etc.
- Maintains close contact with the contractor's safety team.
- Assists where possible the contractor in all safety aspects.
- Follows up on all remedial actions taken by the contractor.
- Carries out frequent (daily, weekly, monthly) site tours to check on safety aspects and cleanliness.
- Keeps himself informed on all safety aspects and cleanliness on site.
- Checks the various contractor's reports and equipment certificates.
- Anticipates problems and actions of the contractor.
- Resolves conflicts regarding safety aspects.
- Remains firm on all safety measures and procedures even though project time schedule may suffer.
- Participates in meetings with the contractors site team and safety team.
- Keeps the site manager and site team informed.
- Reports any incidents to the owner and the project manager.
- Good knowledge in local laws and regulations on occupational health & safety.
- Practical knowledge regarding energy isolation (Low/ High Voltage) (Project without electrical supervisor).
- Good proven safety skills on work at height and lifting.
- Good communication skills and ability to stick to principles.
- Good ability to work within a team.
- Reliable and accurate in his feedback to hierarchy.
- Some knowledge regarding technical aspects in the construction of a cement plant.