MSELECT is seeking two local national Social Workers/Case Workers (CW) to work with our client; a local charity organization, for their Center based in a camp for IDPsnear Akre, in the Dohuk Governorate. As members of the Social Work team, CWswill provide social services to the women who visit the Center. While all CWs will receive some training and guidance, successful candidates must be compassionate, confident, diligent, trustworthy, resourceful, interested in learning new skills, and be able to work both independently, and as part of a team. CWs must be willing and interested to work with women of different religions, ethnicities, cultures, education levels, and socio-economic backgrounds. CWs will be under the supervision of, and report directly to, the Social Work Director. Although the position will be based at the Center in Akre, some travel within the Kurdistan region may be required.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and safe environment within the Center, that reflects awareness and understanding of the different religions, cultures and experiences present in the camp.
- Receive clients at the Center, conduct client in-take assessment, and create case files as needed.
- Help clients with identifying available resources and solving everyday problems.
- Identify more complex cases, and work with the Social Work Director to create a plan for delivering services, which may include counseling by the Director and/or referrals to other services.
- Maintain detailed and accurate case notes and files.
- Follow-up with clients, as appropriate, including potentially, home visits and other outreach activities.
- Advocate for and develop plans to improve clients’ well-being and daily lives.
- Follow protocols and procedures set by the SEED Center’s management team and camp administration, including with reference to SGBV cases.
- Participate in the development and implementation of outreach and community engagement plans.
- Support the development and utilization of a camp-specific referral pathway for SGBV cases.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and represent the Center in Camp or Cluster meetings, reporting back the meeting notes.
- Attend relevant training sessions to ensure best up-to-date practices and high quality social services are being delivered.
- Participate and facilitate activities for women and girls at the Center to support their well-being, growth, and empowerment, and development.
- Provide confidential services to clients of the Center, in accordance with their wishes and SGBV guiding principles.
- Support related activities within the Center and the camp.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all organizations, women’s commitees and other community-based groups to ensure they are involved in the activities in the Center, to facilitate referrals and support related and/or joint activities, while upholding the SEED Center’s programming and standards.
- Complete activity and other requested reporting
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- University degree in social work, psychology or related field or ?
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience as a social/case worker, preferably with IDPs or refugees.
- Knowledge of case management and community outreach ?
- Experience of dealing with and addressing gender, access to social protection and other social inequalities, promoting females empowerment a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships
- High standard of spoken and written Kurdish and/or Arabic; ability to communicate in English a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environment.