MSELECT is hiring a Supply Chain Manager for one of its oil and gas service clients in Erbil, the successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the same field, fluency in English and Kurdish is requested.
The Supply Chain Manager will provide efficient and effective Procurement and Logistics implementation and smooth running of departmental operations according to internal procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead coordination between the logistics team and managers to facilitate effective, efficient, and timely implementation of logistics procedures according to requirements on Warehouse, Assets & Inventory, and Fleet Management.
- Ensure Managers and other key staff are informed of areas of logistics responsibilities and where cooperation from other departments is required.
- Produce logistics reports on a daily/weekly and monthly basis such as warehouse stock report, fleet utilization report, and asset lists according to internal templates and procedures – ensure that correct templates are being used and filled out in their entirety, flagging issues and gaps in documentation to the Area Manager as required.
- Conduct spot checks of warehouse, fleet, and asset management to ensure implementation and documentation is up to date and produce review reports on areas where improvement is needed.
- Develop work plans with Logistics staff as necessary to increase compliance and understanding of procedures.
- Report all anomalies on documentation to the Area Manager and Senior Management immediately.
- Enforce Code of Conduct support the Area Manager with any reporting on issues related to corruption, collusion, and fraud.
- Establish a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the Operations on Procurement Management, local law, and other requirements.
- Advocate with all teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with Area Performance Indicators (APIs), this includes leading the process of procurement planning and convening regular meetings with colleagues to provide feedback on planned purchases, committing to realistic timelines for delivery and implementation.
- Supervise all procurement processes and implement/reinforce a tracking system for all local and central procurement.
- Responsible for ensuring a weekly Procurement Tracking Table is updated and accurate, circulated on a weekly basis to Finance and Supply Chain colleagues.
- Ensure suppliers are vetted according to policies and an updated supplier database exists with comments on performance and contract tracking.
- Ensure proper accounting, reporting, internal controls and maintenance/filing of records.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Coordinate with Country Line Manager to ensure that all issues are reported and solutions are realized as the issues arise.
Facilities, Warehouses and Asset Management
- Ensure all assets have service/maintenance records and where necessary that assets are disposed of according to guidelines and local laws.
- Provide training and management to Logistics Assistant with regards to asset management and tracking and ensure implementation of tracking system is in place at each location.
- Ensure all assets are registered, tracked, and maintained in line with asset management policies.
- Ensure the implementation of regular asset verification at least on a bi-annual basis.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation of stock management systems, including implementation of stock cards and bin cards, as well as regular tracking of receipt and dispatch of items.
- Ensure all staff are informed of roles and responsibilities of logistics staff, including making recommendations to the Area Manager regarding approved signatories on standard documentation (waybills, Release Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.) as per the required procedures.
- Ensure appropriate fleet management, in line with guidelines, through the use and verification of log books, fuel consumption registers and regular servicing and maintenance.
- Analyze the vehicle usage to maximize efficiency and ensure timely implementation.
- Inspect all vehicles for registration and appropriate licensing documents.
- Track all fleet and produce a consolidated asset utilization report on a monthly basis for review.
- Make recommendations to Area Manager regarding improvements to fleet utilization, vehicle maintenance, and disposal on at least a monthly basis.
- Produce work plans for logistics and procurement staff and train staff on regular updates of work planning and reporting against SMART objectives.
- Oversee the performance of the logistics and procurement team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply chain/Logistics Management.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in relevant field or other agencies experience in supply chain management.
- Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale logistics and procurement requirements.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cope with heavy workloads and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision.