MSELECT is looking to hire a Surface Well Test Data Acquisition Engineer (SWT DAQ) for an international oil and gas service client in Basra. Minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience is required. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Operations and tasks performed by a DAQ eng are self-directed and in accordance with instructions from the field coordinator and operations manager. The DAQ eng is to run the DAQ system and equipment with all troubleshooting equipment needs, he will be responsible for gas & oil calculation for well testing operation and do all reporting daily and monthly report as per client needs and make sure data quality are send to client one time with company standard.
The position holder will be reporting directly to location coordinator and field supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help prepare HAZOP documentation, P&ID, and equipment.
- Attends and actively participates in the HAZOP meeting.
- Selects appropriate equipment for projects with the field coordinator and operations manager.
- Participate in pre-job meeting with crew.
- Gather job program information from the field coordinator and operations manager.
- Evaluate individual crew members and report to management, as required.
- Monitor and supervise DAQ equipment and reporting sampling on time.
- Ensure equipment SOPs, JSAs, and MSDS are complete and available to crew.
- Ensure equipment certificates are available, and collect certifications as required.
- Oversee and perform pre-deployment checks for equipment, tools and parts.
- Perform all tasks in a safe professional manner and follow SOPs.
- Perform and actively participate in all required safety meetings, JSAs and walk around/shift handover.
- Coordinate data collection on job
- Complete and verify operations forms and checklists.
- Monitor equipment controls and instrumentation, record test data and verify data quality for engineer/client’s use.
- Supervise and perform liquid sampling and analysing and verify quality.
- Report any abnormalities of equipment to field coordinator and/or operations manager.
- Complete job reporting as required, including WPTS CPAR, NCR, OFI, etc.
- Recommend changes in test methods or equipment, and document suggestions on daily report.
- Perform operations as per OCP/SOPs and ensure crew is aware of correct safe operations.
- Collect field service quality form, (FSQ form, WPTS job performance) and submit with job report.
- DAQ reading and data collection during the day as a DAQ User,
- Monitor sensors and ensure they are reading within parameters
- DAQ Technician to confirm project data collection procedure.
- Verify and validate manual data against DAQ.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and cleanliness on location and in the workshop.
- Operate company vehicle according to the Weatherford Driver and Vehicle Safety Policy.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Understand and apply relevant math calculations
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills, experience with well testing software and MS Office
- Ability to remain focused and decisive under pressure
- 4-5 years specific Surface Well Testing field experience
- Supervisor experience; people management and equipment allocation
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Be willing and able to work away from home for extended periods of time
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process