MSELECT is hiring a Warehouse In – Charge for a manufacturing client in Baghdad. Candidate must have minimum 8 years’ experience and at least, 3 years in a similar position, with Tobacco/FMCG industry experience and fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Have the authority of managing the Warehouse management and staff development from the administrative and technical standpoint.
Managing warehousing activities including exchange and additions to ensure the ease and regularity of work at the lowest possible cost and more effective according to the policies and procedures adopted and in accordance with the company's strategies.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Preparing the inventory policies and procedures manual and communicate it to his subordinates clearly to ensure the quality of work. Also makes suggestions and recommendations for any modifications made in accordance with the requirements of the business.
- Supervising the systems and procedures, to ensures the use of a system suited to each need and recommends the necessary actions to resolve any problems delaying the workflow to ensure the discipline of receipt and storage.
- Prepares, plans and schedules to manage the transport and circulation of products and general purchases within the place to and from the warehouses and oversees the implementation of them to ensure their transportation at the specified times and the required quality.
- Supervises the preparation of daily warehousing reports, works, and inventory value according to the approved system. Also, prepares periodic reports and statistics on the progress of work, and makes recommendations for the development and improvement of the used method to raise the efficiency.
- Ensure the consistency of the work, reporting in case of any irregularities, and following up the implementation of corrective actions on time.
- Supervising the periodic audit of warehouses inspections and coordination with the annual committees and providing all the necessary information and documents to facilitate their work and follow up the results to ensure that corrective actions are taken.
- Ensure that storekeepers follow good storage practices
- Considering external factors such as new instructions from the Ministry of Health, and any expected increase in prices.
- Receives the containers after midnight, with the presence of the storekeeper and create a record of goods and inventory, any losses, and issue a note to be approved from the financial manager
- Distribute the goods.
- Be sure to apply the first in first out FIFO policy.
- Provide copy of receipts, payments and approvals for financial management.
- Ensure safe storage and safety against fire.
- Make sure that each product has an identification card for easy access.
- Conducts performance appraisal sessions for his direct subordinates and reviews and approves the performance evaluation of its indirect subordinates in a timely, efficient and fair manner.
- Recommends the training needs of his subordinates and follows up on the implementation of the training plan developed for their development.
- Bachelor’s degree, Major Business Admin or Accounting, or any appropriate degree
- Any certification in Supply Chain Management is preferred
- Iraqi national
- 8 years at least, 3 years in a similar position, with Tobacco / Alcohol / FMCG industry experience
- Effective English Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organizing Skill
- Time Management
- Technical Competencies:
- All technical skills related to the management of warehouses
- Planning and follow up
- Can work under pressure
- Attention to Details
- Focus on Results
- Problem solving & Decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical thinking
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process