MSELECT is looking to hire a Warehouse Manager for a major industrial client in Baghdad, candidates must have minimum 10 years of experience in plant and factories of juices, dairies and water. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Maintaining and sustaining the necessary stock of raw material and ensuring sufficient stock is available according to the historical discharge of material. In addition to managing the stacking and racking systems of both raw material and finished goods within the warehouses with labelling, safety and ease of retrieval as per the set policies
- Strategically managing the stock according to the set policies and regulations.
- Informing the receiving committee about the arrival times and dates of incoming items to ensure setting the schedule for the process.
- Managing the activities of receiving and recording the received items on the automated system and reporting the outcomes to the procurement.
- Managing the activities of receiving, labelling and stacking/ racking the material and managing the preparations of the item cards and stock taking accordingly.
- Managing and following up the process of receiving and issuing material from the warehouses and their registry on the system.
- Monitoring the implementation of warehouse keeping activities in a manner that would the material easy to retrieve and abide by the food safety regulations by the quality control.
- Monitoring the minimum stock levels of all stock keeping units and informing the procurement function officially when needed to replenish to the required stock levels.
- Managing the process of issuing raw material and packaging items to the production according to the set policies.
- Daily monitoring for the process of receiving the raw material and that the inspection has been made before storing.
- Monitoring the process of issuing finished goods to the sales team according to the set policies and ensuring the update of the system’s records.
- Participating in stock taking activities as per the stock taking committee directions.
- Managing the process of applying the safety and security policies and activities within the warehouses in a manner that ensures the safety of all stored items.
- Working closely with the quality control to ensure optimal storage quality and food safety regulations.
- Ensuring the readiness of the finished goods warehouse to receive the items from the production according to the daily, weekly and monthly production quantities.
- Ensuring the readiness of the raw material warehouse to receive the items arriving as per the procurement plan.
- Participating in developing ISO and quality management procedures relevant to the warehouses.
- Preparing reports related to improvements’ suggestions and recommendations in terms of process, storage systems, cost cutting …etc. while maintaining the quality standards.
- Performing daily routes on all warehouses to ensure proper storage and no damaged items and ensuring the compliance of storage conditions to dry, chilled and frozen items in terms or temperature, humidity, lighting …etc. while checking the possibility of restacking to make more space available for any upcoming shipments.
- Ensuring the proper conditions of the forklifts and racking system and monitoring any maintenance or repair requirements.
- Performing any other duties as per the direction of the management.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or any related field
- Minimum 10 years in manufacturing company, minimum 2 years in managerial level.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process