An Oil & Gas service company is looking for a Welder to work on an oil field Kurdistan operated by a large international. The selected candidate will be responsible for inspections and implementing all structural and welding work. Successful candidate must have a good command in English language and an experience in welding not less than 10 years. This position is open for all nationalities. The client will be covering travelling costs along with visas, meals, and accommodation.
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Removes rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Knowledge of industry and general oilfield criteria, requirements, and the HSE standards of work
- Proper English Language writing and communication skills.
- Good communication skills internally and with clients.
- Preferably a 6G certificate holder of welding
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in field.
- Medically fit
- Appropriate emergency/incident Team Leader training and experience
- High level understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to job role
- Proven ability to work effectively within a management team
- Good English language communication skills, spoken & written
- Experience of working in a high H2S oil & gas facility is desirable
- Experience of working in a project environment
- Experience working with and training subordinate staff
- Competence Assessor experience and familiar with the competence assurance processes