The Workover WSL shall report to the Delivery team leader. The role shall be rig based responsible for safe and efficient delivery of workover and completion operations on the rig to which he is assigned. The Workover WSL shall also contribute to the wider workover team in sharing lessons learned to transfer best practice across the field.
- Lead by example with a strong commitment to HSSE.
- Visible demonstration of safety leadership following the company standards and golden rules at all times interfacing with the different functions within wells and beyond.
- Role modelling of the Organisation values for the team, including importance of technical competency and adherence to procedures bridging the gap between engineering and field operations.
- Participate in / lead, as appropriate, incident investigations.
- Report and document any HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environmental) incident that may occur.
- Participate in rig pre-move and move planning with Contractor
- Participate in rig commissioning process and any rig / HSE audits conducted,
- Observe that all Wells operations are in compliance with the Organisation approved program,
- Observe that all operations are in compliance with the rig contractors Safety Management System
- Discuss / review upcoming operations with Contractor site representative and agree work instructions.
- Review equipment, materials and personnel requirements for upcoming jobs with Contractor representative to ensure there will be no delays to job
- Report to Company and record any operational problems and/or changes in wellwork and operations and resolve issues with Contractor prior to proceeding
- Offer recommendations for rig move, logistical, and operational improvement plus any optimisation opportunities
- Perform After Action Review to capture lessons learned after key operations
- Maintain Company operational files at location
- Ensure timely submittal daily morning reports (06:30 AM) and any required afternoon reporting
- Educated to Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience with land rig workover operations and planning, including water shutoff, water injection and ESP operations
- Good communication and mentoring skills to be commensurate with the above job role. Strong written and spoken English language skills required.
- Strong team player
- Capability of working on multiple rig operations
- Current IWCF Well Control certification or equivalent
- Flexible approach to work
- Comprehensive technical/operational understanding of Completions, Well Intervention practices and Well Integrity principles