MSELECT is looking to hire a HR Officer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English, Arabic and Kurdish.
Purpose of the Role
S/he will maintain accurate HR records inclusive employee files and HR data, coordinate recruiting and on boarding of employees plus spearhead employee relations related activities.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Organize and participate in the recruitment, hiring and induction of new staff.
- Support in completion of recruitment and job application materials and documents, including MNR related formalities, required internal documents and comprehensive employee files.
- Maintain the personnel filing system and files (both hard and soft) plus provide soft copies of documents to Geneva office.
- Provide HR support to line managers and employees, explaining procedures and policies as part of the hiring process.
- Responsible for administrating and capturing of all payroll and compensation related recording in PeopleSoft and employee files on an ongoing basis.
- Act as a focal point for all employee queries regarding leaves captured in HRSI plus payroll details inclusive of salary, overtime, banking related issues etc.
- Update monthly income tax and social security table and coordinate with designated finance representative for submission to Government departments.
- Update and/or register employee list with health insurance, personal accident insurance or other insurance benefits of employees upon case-by-case basis.
- Assist the management in participating in salary and benefit benchmarking.
- Establish and maintain department files (templates, JDs, etc.) and personnel related data (workforce, attrition, nationalization, KPIs), ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Collaborate and coordinate new hire orientation, HR events, and other employee relations related activities (eg. new hire announcements, onboarding info packs)
- Performs other HR / employee relations related activities as identified
Key working relations
Company personnel, departments, consultants, contractors, and candidates as and when required
- Dedicated team-player with the ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
- Ability to sustain professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of employee and human resources related information
- Ability to build strong levels of influence and implement effective negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver accurate results while meeting tight deadlines and targets
Qualification & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Three or more years of experience in a HR related administrative role.
- Proficient in English and Kurdish, both written and verbal. Arabic considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS office, Excel, PowerPoint.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process