MSELECT is looking to hire a Maintenance Section Head (Production) for an international oil and gas client in Basra, candidate must have minimum 15+ years’ experience in a similar operation in Oil/Gas facilities, fluency in English is a must.
- The maintenance section head will direct, manage and co-ordinate Maintenance team to ensure all Operations Maintenance functions are carried out safely and efficiently in line with overall Production functional objectives and asset plans
- Have sound experience of maintenance activities of process plants (Gas and Oil) and Power Plants (GTG’s, HV and MV systems).
- Excellent working knowledge of trouble shooting and root cause failure analysis
- Plan and schedule plant shutdown and modification projects
- Ability to initiate ideas to improve overall plant efficiency and reliability
- Lead the setup of Maintenance Strategy and other systems during the project phase inclusive, develop CMMS and Maintenance Procedures, bringing best industry knowledge (e.g. RBI, SRCM, RAM, SAP etc.)
- Develop and implement long range team goals, maintenance dept. KPI’s and department annual budget
- Lead plant maintenance activities to maximize plant availability and reliability to ensure sales gas and export oil targets are met
- Increase plant reliability, availability through implementation of CMMS, S-RCM and RBI strategies to ensure KEC annual Business Plan objectives are met
- Review inventories of spares and consumables regularly and advise warehouse on addition of new items and deletion of redundant items, to ensure optimum inventory levels
- Assist warehouse to maintain Min / Max levels of inventories
- Coordinate and supervise major rotary equipment’s routine maintenance plans (e.g. TEOH, MOH, L-3 maintenance, hot path inspections etc)
- Annual Turnaround planning and execution
- Responsible for issuance of reports for all maintenance activities, keep plant documentation & information up dated and available
- Preparation and execution of preventive maintenance plans to enhance reliability
- Hands on experience of using Plant Maintenance (PM) and Materials Management (MM) modules of CMMS SAP
- Hands on knowledge of latest instrument and control systems of modern process plants (e.g DCS system, Mark VI etc.)
- Hands on knowledge of maintenance and troubleshooting of Power plants, Gas Turbine Generators (GTG), Diesel generators, High Voltage and Medium Voltage systems, Grid stations, Power transmission, compressors, centrifugal pumps etc
- Provide input to detail design studies, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, mechanical handling studies, operation and maintenance procedure development.
- Communicates and provides information on schedules, daily work activities to management to help in the development of production forecasts
- Provide input into annual operating KEC budgets
- Responsible for the review, development and improvement of maintenance procedures include the review of these procedures and ensuring the understanding of the procedures within KEC Maintenance workforce.
- Audits safety rules and procedures to ensure they are being followed. Complies with KEC’s FORC program
- Ensures the daily and weekly maintenance schedules and plans are being developed appropriately and are communicated throughout the organizations. Ensure parts are being staged ahead of time for the upcoming work
- Ensures that the Mechanical group backlog is up to date and current
- Emergency Response - Demonstrate through exercises and scenarios, knowledge and awareness of emergency response techniques. Assume Emergency response duties
- Contract - Maintain effective cost control and promote cost awareness in others
Qualification and skills
- Graduate engineering degree either Mechanical or Electrical disciplines
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in a similar operation in Oil/Gas facilities and Foreign Environment, Mechanical facilities maintenance knowledge, Excellent people management skills,
Job Related Skills:
- CMMS Development and Maintenance Planning
- Electrical Systems Knowledge
- Excellent practical knowledge of PTW, Isolation Standards, Risk Assessment and Man Management.
- Vendor and Sub Contractor Management expertise.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in influencing and teamwork
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process