MSELECT is looking for a Senior Accountant – GL/Reporting/Budgeting for a consultancy client in Dubai. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English.
- Preparation of monthly, yearly management accounting reports, and any ad hoc reports.
- Assisting in preparation of budgets for departments.
- Preparation of monthly budgets and monitoring actual v/s forecasted revenue, costs and other expenses.
- Obtaining regular reports from junior accountants in AR, AP and Treasury for variances in budgets.
- Assisting in preparation of financial statements.
- Managing the annual audit work, by providing the required documents/samples/reports to the audit firm.
- Assisting in annual statutory audits, Social Security, and tax filings.
- Preparing reconciliation of statutory / tax filings with company’s books of accounts, on a monthly basis.
- Posting month end entries in the system including: depreciation, amortization, prepaid, accruals, and foreign exchange revaluation.
- Maintaining relevant schedules for prepayments, advances etc. and calculating monthly amortization.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and calculation of monthly depreciation.
- Review the Monthly reconciliation/reports with petty cash holders.
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation report for the intercompany accounts.
- Review monthly/regular reconciliation reports provided by AP, AR, and Treasury to make sure the GLs are being maintained correctly/properly.
- Prepare and manage the month-end, year-end closing processes, to ensure closing the accounts on the specified date.
- Experience working in accounting, finance is a must.
- Must be comfortable in making budgets, forecasts and should know basis financial statements preparation skills.
- Must remain abreast with new laws/regulations and accounting standards.
- Strong attention to detail
- Very Good Excel skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to work remotely.
- ERP experience is a must, preferably SAP.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process