To succeed in this role, candidate should have thorough knowledge in Logistics, Transportation, and or Supply Chain Management and an understanding of customs clearance procedures, including shipping documents review, loading and transportation orders and tracking transportation vehicles. Candidate should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations. Should have strong knowledge in managing transportation activities and transportation contractors in Iraq. Must have strong ability to manage fleet utilization and performance.Ultimately, ensuring that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
- Plan and supervise the shipments from ports of Iraq to the end-user facilities.
- Schedule daily and weekly routes, vehicles requirements, transport contractors plans, and delivery plans.
- Coordinate with ports operators and storage yards at the port to ensure proper pick up and distribution of cargo.
- Monitor and report on transportation costs and transportation performance.
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed, and all transportation record is kept in an organized manner.
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment.
- Coordinate for vehicles inspection (Daily, weekly, and timely … as required and as per the schedule).
- Maintain vehicles inspection record.
- Research and suggest cost-effective transport methods.
- Conduct regular safety audits on equipment.
- Organize training and awareness sessions for employees on the route management, planning, escort, and transportation management.
- Prepare Journey Management / Plan and communicate with all concerned parties.
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation.
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
- Proven work experience in Transportation, Logistics, or Freight Forwarding, or similar role for 3 to 5 years.
- Must have knowledge in transport equipment.
- Strong HSSE background.
- Knowledge about route management, route survey.
- Knowledge in Heavy lift operations.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management.
- Experience preparing and tracking orders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- BSc in relevant field.