MSELECT is hiring a Drilling Supervisor for an international oil and gas company in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English and Kurdish.
- Drilling Department
Supervise drilling, completion and workover operations at the well site. Ensure the safety, timing, cost and quality of drilling and workover operations.
- Supervise drilling and completion operations carried out by all personnel at the rig site
- Review the performance of Contractors and Services Companies
- Support any relevant audit conduct by Corporate
- Ensure that all the operations under the drilling & completion responsibility comply with the Company HSE Standards
- Ensure contractor personnel, services and materials are available at rig site when required avoiding any delay in operations
- Coordinate drilling & completion activities in accordance with programs, Company procedures and best practices
- Report the progress of the operations to the Drilling and Completion Superintendent on a regular basis, agree and implement any corrective action as necessary
- Prepare detailed Daily Operations Reports. Quality check the well data reported in company reporting system in order to provide high quality data stored in data management systems
- Prepare the operational daily costs and reconcile against planned costs
- Monitor the consumption and stock of materials available at rig site, request personnel, materials and services in good time in order to avoid any delay in operations
- Be familiar and comply with the Company established drilling operational and well control procedures
- Participate to all Risk Assessments (HAZOP_HAZID) before each operation, and ensure that all the relevant actions captured in the assessment are closed before the start of operations
- Represent the Company on all matters at the rig site
- Follow and manage the HSE performance of the Rig Contractor and Service companies as per Company HSE standards in operations
- Ensure full adherence to the Company's HSE policies, procedures and standards
- Comply with company standards for well integrity
- Work in the office with Drilling Engineering team. Actively participate in the Company Drilling Programs preparation if required.
- Assist in the preparation of technical specifications and scopes of work for tendering equipment and services for drilling & completion operations if required
- Participate to investigations in case of serious incidents
- Apply and ensure the correct application of prescribed safety standards and regulations
- Following organizational measures for the successful implementation of the well construction program, including the achievement of the Project KPI;
Qualitative impact indicators
Actual volumetric/measurable indicators, characterizing the scope of immediate impact at this position level.
- New projects/well - In accordance with the Company plans
- Responsibility area - Operations at Company licensed areas
- Contracts number - Depending from of a Company plans
- Contractors number - Up to 20 Contractors
- CAPEX Amount - In accordance with approved budget
- Internal: Company Drilling Department
- External: Services and equipment supply contractors
Regulation of activities
International, state and internal corporate normative acts, standards, provisions, guidelines and rules, with employees need to be governed by in the course of their work.
- Professional standards related to oil and gas
- NOSRSOK related to well control
- Other international Oil and Gas Operators standards, procedures and best practices for well design, operations planning and well control.
- HSE Corporate standards
- Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Company Charter
- Orders and orders of the General Director of the Company, his deputies in areas of activity
- Company executive documents;
- Job description stated herein;
- Regulations, procedures and instructions for the Energy Management System of the Companies, developed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 50001
- Other internal documents, including local regulatory documents (LND) put into effect in the Company, local regulatory documents of the Company related to self-working responsibility area.
Other job requirements
- Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Petroleum Engineering with specialization in drilling.
Special and/or specific, which may be required for successful performance in this position.
- Drilling and Completion well Operations skills and competency;
- Skilled in all technical disciplines pertaining to a drilling, completion and workover environment;
- Excellent knowledge of well control best practices;
- Excellent knowledge in Project’s QAQC;
- Proficient in leading, delegating, motivating and mentoring Company field personnel;
- Organization of drilling and completions operations for all stages of drilling project execution and supervision;
- Knowledge of technical and technological process of drilling, completion and workover for exploration and production well including horizontal wells;
- Excellent Drilling and Completion Operations supervisory skills;
- Understanding and application of continuous improvement processes;
- Valid Well Control Certificate – supervisory level (IWCF or IADC);
- Knowledge of industry regulated acts and standards related to drilling, completion and workover.
Language and level of proficiency
- English language: Fluent
- 5 + years of total well operations supervisory experience on drilling and workover rigs;
- At least 3 years in the same position in independent or major International Oil and Gas Operator Companies;
- Experience in Iraq/Kurdistan is preferable;
- Working under separate services contract conditions is preferable;
- Experience of drilling with: severe mud losses including blind drilling procedure and technique, H2S saturated formations, drilling in fractured carbonate formations;
- International experience in Oil and Gas Operator’s Companies is preferable;
- Preferable competent user of Halliburton Landmark reporting software (OpenWell);
- Proficiency in MS Office package (MS Word, Excel and etc.);
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process